The department and team
You will be working 17.5 hours per week on a 5 in 7-day contract - consisting of delivery, driving as well as potential providing holiday cover for other members of the team.
Our drivers are the face of our business and their interaction with our customers is crucial to our success. As such you must genuinely enjoy meeting people and exceeding customer service standards, and always be willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customers that exceed expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Be an ambassador for the company in delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
- Undertake pre-shift inspection of your van
- Driving style to be damage free and economical
- Clean and refuel your van as and when needed
- Ensure that the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition
- Make deliveries in a timely manner and contact the office with any discrepancies or delays
- Customer confidentially
- Participate in team meetings and training
- Reporting any noticeable deterioration in the wellbeing of the customer
- Growing the rounds by finding new prospects and customers
- Report any no reply/ no Reponses
- To collect cash and cheque payments
- Evidence of commitment and stability
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Numerate and literate
- Basic secondary education
- Full UK Driving License
- All offers will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
- Experience within a customer service or care based role
- Experience of multi-drop delivery role
- Health & Safety training
Apetito are keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive (can do) attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of rounds so that they are able to work across various areas within the Warwickshire contract.
Staff are employed and trained to be multi-functional and to be capable of carrying out numerous functions should this be required when a fellow member of staff is away or absent.
- Open and honest team player
- Flexible, highly motivated and committed
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude; will need to learn other tasks around the business if required
- Promote good team work – help others.
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Be willing to undertake any training made available
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake driver rounds to cover driver absences
- Living within commuting distance of Warwick.