Wiltshire Farm Foods (WFF) is the leading frozen home meals delivery service in the country. Established in 1991 Wiltshire Farm Foods provide healthy and nutritious meals to many thousands of elderly customers who wish to remain independent in their own homes.
The role of our Retail Operations Manager, WFF Southport, is of great importance to our success. WFF Southport is our smallest in-house team and this role would be a great development opportunity for individuals who display the characteristics of our most successful managers …
- Competitive – you will want to achieve great results!
- Passion for making a real difference in the community
- Believe in our values: delivering exemplar customer service, being food experts and trusted friends to our customers
- Have great leadership potential and a champion of team engagement
- Passion, energy and commitment
- Take ‘ownership’ of the business and feel part of the in-house team
- Set high standards – in customer service, team performance and operational efficiency
- Understand that people must work safely, so we can all go home safely
The Key focus of the Retail Operations manager is to achieve Top Quartile sales growth and exceed our profit targets. The role includes full P&L responsibility.
The working hours for this position are Monday – Friday 8.30 – 17.00, usually including Bank Holidays dependent on business needs. Our deliver drivers typically start by 08:00 at WFF Southport
Reporting directly to the Head of Retail Operations, the Southport manager will join a competitive and supportive team of 8 in-house managers and will be expected to share best practice and contribute to the overall success of the in-house team.
WFF Southport is our smallest in-house depot and the candidate must enjoy a hands-on role, running a busy and successful retail business. If you have a passion for retail and share our values, many of the day-to-day operational tasks can be learnt.
Activities in the business include:
- Leadership & Management
- Marketing & CRM activity
- Tele-sales – inbound & outbound calls
- Cold-store – picking of orders
- Delivering orders to customers
- Health & safety
The team in Southport includes an Office Supervisor, Customer Service Advisors, Drivers, Cold-store Picker and a Field Marketer. Our Business Support Centre is based in Trowbridge, Wiltshire and your in-house colleagues are based in other depots around the UK.
It is crucially important that everyone in our team understands our business and believes in our values, which are shared below.
We are absolute experts
Our team act as ambassadors for the meals we deliver at Wiltshire Farm Foods via the calls we take from all our customers when placing an order. We are dedicated to learning all about the award-winning range we offer to our customers. We pride ourselves in ensuring each customer we speak to is made to feel at ease through the guidance you provide in helping them select the meals that will best suit their needs.
We are passionate about the meals we deliver and strive to cater for every dietary requirement our customers may have. We are proud advocates of our highly nutritious meals and our ethical and sustainable business practices.
We play our part with joy and energy
Our Team do much more than just take orders from our customers. Your passion and enthusiasm should bring joy and vitality to each customer you speak to, we strive to enjoy a valued relationship with each customer we serve and take an active interest in them as people, not just customers.
Our Customer Service Advisors bring our delicious food to life for our customers. You are driven to identify our customers’ needs and match their needs to the meals they are most likely to enjoy. You’re proud of the great food that is made by us using fresh ingredients and our customers’ favourite recipes.
A friendly and trusted companion
The Wiltshire Farm Foods team are famous for being empathetic and helpful to all our customers’. Our goal is to be looked upon as a trusted friend and neighbour who becomes a regular part of our customers’ lives.
We aim to make a real difference to the lives of our customers in helping them maintain their independence, choosing the meals they enjoy that bring convenience, simplicity and the freedom to enjoy life to the full through the meals delivered to their home.
The post is exempt from the rehabilitation of offender’s act, due to our work with the elderly and vulnerable members of society and is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Achieve Top Quartile sales growth
- Beat our profit target
- Be competitive and make a real difference
- Display passion, energy and enthusiasm
- Lead your team to greater success
- Monitor performance, coach and support team members where required.
- Excellent communication – keeping everyone on track and informed
- Develop a clear and effective local marketing plan
- Innovate and adopt best practice
- Proactively use all the CRM tools available to maximise customer acquisition and retention.
- Support our field marketer e.g. help with food demonstrations and promoting our product in the local community
- Consistently deliver exemplary customer service
- Full P&L responsibility (with training provided)
- Set high standards and deliver efficient operational standards
- HR responsibilities for your team – including recruitment and policy compliance
- To ensure safe working practices are observed always
- Manage internal and external communication with apetito, the WFF in-house team and Franchise Partners. Participate in quarterly Regional Meetings and Annual Conference as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this role but aims to give a general overview of the position.
- Leadership ability and experience of leading a team of up to 10 people
- Retail or sales management experience
- The ability to motivate staff to achieve stretching goals
- Positive people skills
- The ability to network and develop productive relationships with colleagues and the franchise network
- The skills to become a strong commercial operator; growth with long term profit is essential.
- Capable of improving our operational efficiency in staff rotas, warehouse duties and deliveries
- Strategic vision - an ability to identify future opportunities to derive competitive advantage.
- Experience of the elderly market - an empathy for our customers
- CIM Diploma or other marketing qualification
- Degree or equivalent (not essential)
- Health & Safety training
- Marketing experience
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, proactive and positive outlook, with commercial experience and the tenacity to deliver results. They will be a team player, with proven experience of managing teams, with the ability to manage projects on time and on budget.
- This role is based at our Southport Depot with some occasional travel and overnight stays may be required for product launches, conferences etc.
- Leading and Supervising
- Provides others with a clear direction
- Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
- Working with people
- Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others
- Adapts to the team and builds team spirit
- Persuading and Influencing
- Makes a strong personal impression on others
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Relating and Networking
- Establishes good relationships with customers and staff.
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside of the organisation
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction