The role and team
Further to piloting the opportunity for developing a business within the UK Child Nursery Market, the apetito UK Executive have recently approved a plan to invest in a new commercial structure to access this market with a product - system – service offer.
As part of this new business opportunity we’re looking for results driven sales representatives to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. Using the product – system – service model, tailored solutions will be required for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly self-motivated individuals with proven business development skills and a real passion for selling. Contacts on a day to day basis will be the nursery owners, therefore, the ability to build trust and forge strong working relationships quickly will be key and the ability to close the sale is essential.
This role enables someone to make a real impact in the early life-cycle of a business with high growth potential.
Please note that this role covers the South East and East of the UK:
South East: London, Surrey, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Kent, Essex
East: Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- To ensure sales growth is in accordance with strategic targets built around nursery sizes, equipment provision, delivery efficiency and commercially astute pricing to generate profitable growth in line with expectation as agreed with Divisional Manager - Nurseries
- To ensure established business is maintained and protected whilst exploiting any potential sales opportunities
- To expedite the resolution of customer issues and complaints leading to outstanding outcomes
- To perform cost-benefit analysis of customers in order to deliver value added solutions suited to their needs
- Co-ordinate the sales effort with other members of the Nursery business and internal departments where necessary
- To identify, create, pursue and maintain a detailed database of prospects
- To ensure business risk is minimised through following of GDPR protocols
- Work closely with internal teams forging strong relationships in order to support the Nursery business
- Work closely with other business divisions in sharing of best practice and encouraging ‘stealing with pride’
- To promote apetito throughout the Nursery market via extensive networking both internally and externally
- Highly motivated and target driven with proven experience of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiating skills
- Prioritising time management and organisational skills – taking charge of the entire sales process from start to finish
- Consultative approach to sales not hard product sell
- Strong commercial experience – being able to deliver profitable solutions based results
- Ability to handle objections through value-led focus removing price as a potential barrier
- Proven experience of developing and managing customers
- Good O Levels / GCSE’s to support a high standard of business communication skills and numerical analysis
- Knowledge of the UK nursery market
- Experience of the apetito product – system – service proposition
- Experience of food/nutritional/technical standards
- Strong networking experience
- Good A Levels/Degree educated
- Advanced Food Hygiene Training
- Intermediate Food hygiene qualification
- Passion – must display a real passion for this role
- A real ‘can do’ attitude – a positive and enthusiastic outlook in all areas
- Strong team working skills at all levels within an organisation, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in delivery
- Constantly challenges existing practices; strives for excellence
- Resilient & determined; persistent in pursuit of achievement
- Excellent influencing, listening and communication skills, strong negotiator
- Approachable & presentable and extremely attentive
- Logical and analytical, but with a results focus
- Prepared to work flexible hours and able to stay away overnight as needed
- Role will include a significant amount of regional travel with occasional visits to head office in Trowbridge
- Clean or virtually clean driving license essential
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS (formally known as CRB)