The role and department
This position is full time Monday to Friday working 8.30am - 17:00pm.
This role reports into the Head Of Retail Operations and will be responsible for assisting the Wiltshire Farm Foods Central team to provide support through strong project management skills. This new role will be very varied, with no two days being the same, undertaking a wide range of analysis, research and project work. The role would suit an individual who aspires to really understand the commercial dynamics of the business unit.
In this role, you will work with drivers, depot management, senior management, external providers and customers.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. We are the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 33 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Provide day to day functional support to the Wiltshire Farm Foods Central Team
- Producing presentations, reports & KPIs for the central team.
- Research into new business opportunities & technological advances.
- Participating in project idea generation meetings.
- Preparing project briefs.
- Leading & participating in key projects.
- Preparing meeting agendas & taking minutes.
- Participating in strategy meetings.
- Develop relationships within the Wiltshire Farm Foods team and other functional teams across the business.
- Degree Level education (or equivalent)
- Full UK Driving License
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Clear project management skills
- Able to demonstrate team working either cross functionally or with Customers
- Track record of delivering results within timelines
- Experience in writing project briefs and preparing presentations
- Experience of producing reports and analysis
- Worked in an unsupervised standalone role
- The successful candidate is likely to be somebody who is driven and happy to work in a fast paced and challenging environment and has an existing knowledge of the business world.
- Key to success within the role will be the ability to take responsibility for each activity and to operate in this standalone position by utilising the resources of colleagues around them.
- hTe successful individual must be motivated and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- They will be expected to be able to demonstrate that they can form very close and successful working relationships externally with Customers as well as internally within the division and other cross functional teams.
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills are essential.
- Demonstrates real passion, drive, energy, ambition.
- Has a high standard of intellectual rigour and curiosity – can identify the critical issues in a large amount of information and data. Able to see the key issues in a report and to identify the points that need to be challenged.
- Confidential/Trustworthy – the role will have access to a wide range of confidential information and discussions.
- Has gravitas – should create a strong first impression.
- Resilience – must be able to cope with the challenge of working with a fast-paced environment and one where there will not always be someone to refer to.
- Persuasive – demonstrates ability to build strong relationships, internally and with 3rd party organisations. However, also has good listening skills and takes other people’s ideas on board
- Has a proactive approach and does not wait to be told
- Positive, can do attitude
- Numerate – can provide insight from data
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the business
- Able to take a broad view of the business
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to prioritise a busy workload
- Strong relationship builder at all level
- Ability to travel regularly throughout the UK
- Overnight stays may be required
- Enhanced DBS check
- Experience of working to a tight budget