The Role and Team
The core purpose of this role is to technically manage and audit apetito suppliers to ensure maintenance of appropriate and consistent standards of food safety, quality and 3rd party audit certification as may be defined in legislation or apetito stamdards.
The role reports to the Group Technical Manager and has a strong supporting influence on colleagues in the technical, production, buying and product development teams.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Completing supplier risk assessments based on business needs, known concerns and emerging risks relating to food safety, quality and authenticity.
- Producing and delivering on an annual schedule of supplier audits based on risk assessment and business needs.
- Creating the audit scope and related documentation against which suppliers will be assessed.
- Conducting proficient physical and desk top supplier audits against predefined requirements that support 3rd party audit requirements and business needs
- Producing and maintaining comprehensive records, procedures and systems relating to technical supplier management
- Ensuring that issues caused by supplier failure are fully investigated to identify the root cause, timely actions are agreed and completion is signed-off.
- Timely closure of requests made by internal or external stakeholders
- Timely and clear communication of audit results, recommendations, resolutions and performance indicators to internal stakeholders.
- Liaison with enforcement agencies and customers as required in a professional and timely manner
- Delivery of well documented projects to agreed timescales and costs
- Behaving in a manner that prevents risk of injury or illness to self or others
- Food science or related degree; equivalent level of industry experience will also be considered
- Experience of factory auditing
- Full driving licence
- Confident with using computer software
- Lead auditor qualified (if not already held, this course must be passed to complete the probationary period)
- Advanced food hygiene
- Good understanding of risks arising from allergens and authenticity
- Experience as a SAP user
- HACCP trained
- Thorough knowledge of supply chains, associated risks and mitigating actions across a broad range of supply chains
- Willingness to travel and spend time away from home
- Strong communication skills
- Meticulous, accurate, analytical fact-based approach
- Relationship builder
- Flexible and adaptable