The Role and Team
The Content Executive will support the PR team to develop and deliver a company-wide content programme across apetito and Wiltshire Farm Foods (WFF).
Having delivered Sales and Profit growth for 19 consecutive years, apetito’s aspiration is to grow the UK business from £118m to £200m over the next decade. Creating competitive advantage through improved public relations is a crucial element in supporting this goal.
Reporting to the PR Manager, the Content Executive will work with the in-house team on the creation and delivery of creative and thought-provoking PR and Social Media content to multiple audiences in addition to working on Corporate and Internal Communications. You will have experience creating engaging content.
This is an exciting role and you will play an important part in the development of our in-house PR function, helping to shape our communications for the future as we seek to drive a step change in our reputation and influence across the wider Health and Social care sector and consumers in general.
apetito is a business that makes a real difference and this role is the perfect opportunity to help to stimulate new thinking across our business and build creative, empathetic content to support wider campaigns, to then bring that to the outside world.
We require an enthusiastic, diligent and creative Content Executive. Perhaps you’ve recently graduated from university or you’re a Junior Content Executive or Copywriter looking for your next challenge. You’ll have confidence, resilience and self-assurance which will support us building our vision for an in-house PR team. Ideally you will have had some experience of PR – either via work experience, a related degree or perhaps a year working in the field.
Who We are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
This role forms part of our Graduate Development Programme full details on the programme can be found on our careers pages at Graduate Development Programme
- Supporting the PR Manager and wider PR team in the content creation aspect of the of the department
- Help shape and deliver the businesses communications strategy
- Writing press releases, thought-leadership articles and social media copy
- Writing copy and creating content for our Internal Communications hub
- Produce content in-line with our company values and brand tone of voice
- Liaising with all areas of our business to find stories which are suitable for our Internal Communications hub
- Work in partnership with our apetito and WFF digital teams to monitor and manage social media channels, create content and drive conversation
- Daily update of our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn channels with news stories, information or comment
- Support the PR department with necessary administration tasks including raising PO’s and managing magazine subscriptions etc.
- Relevant degree to towards degree (expected grade 2:1)
- Some PR experience and knowledge of the industry, either via work experience or a relevant university degree
- Social media knowledge including understanding of the different channels and platforms available and the right type of content to deploy to each
- Some understanding of the food, health, social care sector and the stories which are important within it
- Experience of working in a creative way
The successful candidate will be;
- a self-starter who is strategic in their outlook, creative, forward-thinking, exhibiting innovative and original ideas
- able to demonstrate they can deliver excellent initiatives, with the ability to manage projects on time and on budget
- able to make things happen, quickly and effectively