The Role and Team
apetito is the UK’s leading food producer for the health & social care sector - serving some of the most vulnerable people in society. Our values are clear - We produce great food that enhances health and well-being, we strive to operate in an ethical and sustainable manner and we deliver everything with a real passion.
We have always believed that food should sustain healthy longer lives. Our mission is “making a real difference”. We believe that when we create great products and services that enhance the lives of the many vulnerable people we serve our customers will choose to buy them in increasing volumes. This is the key to a successful apetito – today and tomorrow.
We have been operating in the UK since 1928, which is when we opened one of the country's most advanced food production factories in Trowbridge, Wiltshire. This is where our Business Support centre is located and we now employ 1,000 team members across various locations up and down the UK. Across the wider apetito group there are 7,000 employees worldwide - so there are always fantastic career opportunities.
Having delivered Sales and Profit growth for 16 consecutive years, apetito UK’s aspiration is to grow the UK business from £118m to £200m over the next decade. Creating Competitive advantage through improved public relations will be a crucial element in supporting this goal
With a competitive salary, accommodation and travelling expenses paid when travelling in the UK.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
- Press Office, include full Media Monitoring
- External Public Relations - Support and execute PR strategies that create clear brand advantage across apetito B2B business units – currently Healthcare, Care Homes and Meals on Wheels, and B2C Business Unit, Wiltshire Farm Foods
- Corporate PR – Support strategy to increase our profile and reputation with key stakeholders in health & social care, and enhance our political and policy-making reputation and influence. To research, prepare copy and identify external contributors and narrative to our Quarterly Thought Leadership Digest
- Internal Communications, including Intranet, Staff Magazine, Newsletters and Blogs and other as required
- Support apetito and Wiltshire Farm Foods Social Media activity
- To work effectively with our external agency to provide robust and timely Crisis Management, including maintenance of a PR Risks strategy
- Excellent A Level results with a strong interest in Public Relations and Communication
- Currently studying for a related degree with the expectation that you will receive a 2:1 or above.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Summer work experience in a PR/Communications/Marketing field
- They will be a clear self-starter who is strategic in their outlook, creative, forward-thinking, exhibiting innovative and original ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a team
- Able to demonstrate a structured approach to work and deal with people professionally at all levels
- Effective at using oral, visual and written forms of communication