The purpose of this role is to create and consistently deliver insightful, accurate and timely business intelligence suite that enables effective decision making in the Wiltshire Farm Foods and other apetito businesses.
This is a key role that will help drive our agenda to make the business data centric and will work closely with teams across the business and with external business partners.
Who we are
apetito is the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Own, develop, implement and manage the business intelligence suite for WFF and other Apetito businesses
- Understand the business processes and value drivers to help design appropriate reporting framework
- Evaluate shifts in trends and provide concise interpretation where appropriate
- Build expert knowledge of Apetito’s product, systems and data
- Ensure that BI is consistently available in the business
- Liaise with Marketing, Product management, Operations and CRM colleagues and external business partners to ensure that the metrics are correctly understood
- Use data mining to identify business insights and key drivers for new BI initiatives
- Build, test and operationalise the reporting suite
- Assist the stakeholders in interpreting outcomes
- Work with large datasets- creating queries and analysis directly off the customer database
- Champion and implement BI best practice.
Proven experience of capturing stakeholder requirement, process analysis and BI metrics development
Highly proficient in SQL and SRSS
Expertise in writing stored procedures, testing and deployment in production
Experience of providing business intelligence in a consumer business
A degree in a quantitative subject like maths, statistics, economics, physics, chemistry
Hands-on experience with either PowerBI, Tableau or Shiny. Ideally with PowerBI
A collaborative mindset and a drive to reach out and work across the business to create new opportunities
Desire to learn new tools and technologies and develop new methodologies and processes
Excellent presentation and communication skills and ability to engage with senior managers