The role, department and team
The function of the Transport Administrator is to provide support to the Transport team to help control risk and cost. Day to day duties will include debriefing drivers, answering telephone enquiries and supporting the Transport Department as required.
The role will require the post holder to work with the drivers and supervisors.
Ensure that statutory records are produced accurately and in a timely manner. This will require the post holder to use a variety of interpersonal skills, support and empathy and have a calm personality and approach.
This position is 40 hours per week, working between the hours of 06.00 - 20.00, Monday - Friday. The role will require the successful candidate to be on call for one week in every six with support from colleagues and an out of hours call centre.
Development opportunities may be available for the right individual.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Maintain Statutory records.
- Collate reports for fuel usage to include mileage, red fuel, white fuel, and blue on a daily basis. Compare planned against actual and highlight differences.
- Checking for vehicle accidents and damages reporting any defects and making sure all lorries only go out if legally compliant.
- Debriefing of drivers including checking of paperwork and entering of daily figures.
- Fuel reconciliation.
- Ensure that records and filing systems are maintained weekly.
- Ensure availability of clothing and issue all essential protective equipment for each driver. Order any necessary clothing for each driver.
- Provide information for the weekly trading estimate.
- Maintain effective records for:
- Support the Portbury Transport team as required.
- Undertake project analysis such as WTD compliance and fuel usage analysis or any future projects where it is felt you input would be advantages.
- To ensure that all filing systems are kept up to date.
- To maintain a comprehensive archiving system.
- Experience of working in a busy operational environment or office.
- Able to work as part of team.
- Maths & English to GCSE or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, Internet and Email.
- Positive attitude with a can do/proactive approach to problem solving
- Reliable under pressure
- Strength of character to be assertive when compulsion is required
- Good people skills and a good communicator
- Methodical and detail conscious to ensure accuracy of records.
- Self-starter wishing to develop within the role and promote positive activity
- Good geographical understanding of the UK would be beneficial.
- Occasional travel to transhipment points may be required
- Experience of working with Transport documentation and “O” licence/Working Time Directive requirements.
- Experience of working within a planning team.
- Knowledge of transport regulations, experience of Goods Vehicle Operators licence legislation, Working Time Directive and driver’s hours regulations.
- Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage Operations.
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer skills.