The Role and Team
This role will be 40 hours per week Monday - Friday working shifts between the hours of 04:00am - 20:00pm.
This position is to support the Projects & Compliance Manager in ensuring full Fleet compliance in line with the transport license undertakings. Liaising with transport supervisors and creating management reports on costs and adherence to schedules. To live the values and support the CS&D Team to meet and exceed the Pentagram ideals.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
- Working in collaboration with Supervisors and suppliers to plan and book scheduled maintenance.
- Controlling and reporting Cost by owned fleet and contract hire.
- Working collaboratively with the Distribution Team to ensure that all costs are captured and allocated against accident damage or routine maintenance
- Carrying out administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. generating PO numbers, updating trading estimates, managing data basis, dealing with driver expenses and uniform requests etc.
- Ensuring trading estimates are updating on a weekly basis
- Ensure O License compliance by booking vehicles for service and maintaining service records
- Filing of maintenance records and defect reports
- Auditing of systems in line with FTA best practice
- Fuel usage and reconciliation
- Insurance damage handling
- Numerate and literate
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good people and communication skills
- Customer Service experience gained from a 3PL or similar background
- Certificate of Professional Competence
- Working understanding of Working Time Directive, Drivers Hours and Operators licensing compliance
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Experience in engineering or Fleet Management
- Is self-motivated
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Customer Focused
- Has an outgoing and confident personality
- Is flexible and adaptable
- Enjoys working with people
- Is a good team player
- Has good, clear communication skills and is a good listener
- Has good organisation skills
- Is approachable, trustworthy and fair; can gain the respect of others