The department and team
You will be working 20 hours per week on a 5 in 7-day contract - consisting of delivery, driving as well as potential providing holiday cover for other members of the team.
Our drivers are the face of our business and their interaction with our customers is crucial to our success. As such you must genuinely enjoy meeting people and exceeding customer service standards, and always be willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customers that exceed expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
- Be an ambassador for the company in delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
- Undertake pre-shift inspection of your van
- Driving style to be damage free and economical
- Clean and refuel your van as and when needed
- Ensure that the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition
- Make deliveries in a timely manner and contact the office with any discrepancies or delays
- Customer confidentially
- Participate in team meetings and training
- Reporting any noticeable deterioration in the wellbeing of the customer
- Growing the rounds by finding new prospects and customers
- Report any no reply/ no Reponses
- To collect cash and cheque payments
- Evidence of commitment and stability
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Numerate and literate
- Basic secondary education
- Full UK Driving License
- All offers will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
- Experience within a customer service or care based role
- Experience of multi-drop delivery role
- Health & Safety training
Apetito are keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive (can do) attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of rounds so that they are able to work across various areas within the Hampshire contract.
Staff are employed and trained to be multi-functional and to be capable of carrying out numerous functions should this be required when a fellow member of staff is away or absent.
- Open and honest team player
- Flexible, highly motivated and committed
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude; will need to learn other tasks around the business if required
- Promote good team work – help others.
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Be willing to undertake any training made available
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake driver rounds to cover driver absences
- Living within commuting distance of Andover.