The department and team
This position is 18 hours per week working 3 in 7 days, including weekends.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our Community Meals team in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
The defining characteristics of our Administration Assistants are that they’re organised and efficient. However, apart from the technical skills that are required with the role, the most important attributes are that we demonstrate empathy, patience, kindness, friendliness, care and warmth to all our customers.
The role will be situated within our Service Centre in Aylesbury and working alongside the Driver Supervisors and Service Centre Manager the successful candidate will administer day to day operations whilst assisting the supervisory and management team on site.
This is an exciting and challenging role for candidates looking for a career in administration working for a market leader.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
Inputting menus and making outbound calls to customers and prospects including marketing of our service.
To support drivers with route planning for delivery rounds.
To ensure each customer is provided with “exemplary” service on each telephone call or contact.
To update customer records and liaise with customer relatives as required.
To ensure customers’ needs are met and exceeded.
Prepare promotional literature as required and communicate details of new products or promotions to customers.
To search, provide and continually look for new business opportunities.
To share best practices with colleagues in an effort to continuously improve our service proposition.
To actively take an interest in the products we sell and promote the benefits of apetito healthy and nutritious meals to all our customers.
Answer telephones and action customer and service users’ requests in an efficient and pleasant manner.
To carry out work on the Meals Management System, ensuring that all details are up to date and accurate, including round scheduling, debts and arrears.
- Also to be responsible for the cash collection, reconciliation and banking from these specifically assigned vehicles.
- To be responsible for completion of all vehicle (assigned vehicles) documentation regarding service requirements, accident reporting etc. Also working with the Driver Supervisor and Service Centre Manager when replacement vehicles as required.
- To monitor Drivers to make sure they are wearing the correct uniform, identification badges, and also to monitor the hours that are worked, reporting any anomalies to the Service Centre Manager.
- To deal with Drivers day to day queries as and when required.
- To monitor weekly/monthly service user non-payment and debt positions, undertaking targeted debt recovery procedures as required.
- To deal with services related information and problems and liaise with Client and Local Authority departmental managers to ensure that all relevant service information is relayed to the appropriate client officers.
- To aid the Service Centre Manager to maintain records as required including staff records of annual leave. Sickness and hours worked. The maintenance of all job request records and report books, any other administrative paper work as required by the Service Centre Manager.
- Experience of a customer service role
- Previous administration experience
- Confident and self sufficient using a computer
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to pay attention to detail and be accurate in your work
- Numerate and good written English; GCSE Math’s & English standard or equivalent
- Able to work to deadlines
- Previous use of Microsoft Office products
- Have worked in the elderly/care market
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Full Driving Licence with entitlement to work in the UK
As one of our community meals team you will be focused on excellent customer service with a caring and empathic nature. You will demonstrate a real interest in people and be able to communicate effectively with members of the public and their families. This is a “people” focused role and requires individuals who enjoy engaging with a wide variety of elderly customers.
- To take an active interest in getting to know our customers and become a trusted friend.
- A good listener, you’ll be able to treat every customer as an individual. Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative, plan own day, manage own time.
- To act as a link for drivers and customers if any problems arise during a delivery round.
- To be able to learn our in house computer systems, manage the taking of orders, round sequencing and database management for prospects, current or lapsed customers.
- To enjoy working as a team member and to be passionate about promoting our product range and service proposition.
- Flexible and hands on approach to work content and willingness to help with other areas.