The department and team
This role is 40 hours per week Monday - Friday working between the hours of 06:00am - 22:00pm.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for managing all Inventory control related activities for the business single stock holding location with a value of Circa £6m. You will directly manage a team of 6 responsible for the execution and data analysis of inventory control measures to ensure the company maximises stock & system accuracy, facilitates operational efficiency whilst minimising the cost of stock holding.
The role carries responsibility for customer management, both internal and external, supplier management working with purchasing, goods inwards and dispatch to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 33 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Lead, direct and develop direct reports in order to ensure people are performance focussed and engaged so that the business plan can be achieved and individual’s potential maximised
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy, analysing and reporting variance, investigating variances, rationalising inventory and maximising pick availability
- Responsibility for adherence of the inventory team to budgeted productivity, human resource planning, quality standards, and all HR matters of the team
- To protect the availability service level and promote efficient inventory practices in the warehouse.
- Manage the Controllers and operational team with regard counts required, 5 day cover, mixed & VP pallets to be processed and damages to be cleared.
- Reporting on chamber levels for current and available capacity and develop strategies to manage future requirements and minimise storage costs
- Ensure that all stock control activities are well organised, measured and compliant with audit requirements.
- Manage, plan and execute in a timely and efficient manner all changes to the product range (incoming and delists) the impact this has on the storage, picking and replenishment operation. Liaise with the business Range Managers to achieve this.
- Provide a key relationship with Brake our only customer for a £10m food service business unit. Schedule deliveries for brakes & complete related stock movements, acting as a single point of contact for their logistic operation and ensuring we remain compliant with maintaining our service level obligations.
- Manage & control perpetual inventory stock counting/ inventory accuracy checks. Investigate any stock variances and maintain accurate stock records.
- Empty storage location checks in store to find miss- located pallets of stock
- Scheduling direct deliveries loads to maximise resources
- Ensure incoming product is receipted properly and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Plan availability of variety packs and mixed packs
- To manage release process and recall for all products
- Arrange and monitor the timely despatch of samples for testing to allow stock to be released.
- To liaise with Customer Relations/Customer Service to check stock following complaints or queries.
- To manage the collection, processing and return to stock of damaged items
- To manage the collection, receiving, processing and return to stock of returned items
- Checking crane storage invoices for variances
- Previously managed a medium to large sized team including Team Leaders
- Numerate and literate
- Computer literate
- Experience in SAP WM
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of warehouse picking procedures
- Ideally possessing a relevant/ professional background experience in inventory management
- Have the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- The ability to communicate effectively between all departments
- Able to work as part of a team
- To be pro-active
- Organised and methodical
- Good attention to detail
- Very detailed – conscious
- High level of accuracy in work
- Confident, friendly and approachable
- Prepared to go into the cold store
- Have relevant IT skills in outlook, word, excel etc