The Role and Team
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our Community Meals team in Itchin Abbas (Winchester).
The defining characteristics of our Administration Assistants are that they’re organised and efficient. However, apart from the technical skills that are required with the role, the most important attributes are that we demonstrate empathy, patience, kindness, friendliness, care and warmth to all our customers.
The role will be situated within our Service Centre in Mitcham and working alongside the Driver Supervisors and Service Centre Manager the successful candidate will administer day to day operations whilst assisting the supervisory and management team on site.
This is an exciting and challenging role for candidates looking for a career in administration working for a market leader.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
Inputting menus and making outbound calls to customers and prospects including marketing of our service.
To support drivers with route planning for delivery rounds.
To ensure each customer is provided with “exemplary” service on each telephone call or contact.
To update customer records and liaise with customer relatives as required.
To ensure customers’ needs are met and exceeded.
Prepare promotional literature as required and communicate details of new products or promotions to customers.
To search, provide and continually look for new business opportunities.
To share best practices with colleagues in an effort to continuously improve our service proposition.
To actively take an interest in the products we sell and promote the benefits of apetito healthy and nutritious meals to all our customers.
London Living Wage.
Answer telephones and action customer and service users’ requests in an efficient and pleasant manner.
To carry out work on the Meals Management System, ensuring that all details are up to date and accurate, including round scheduling, debts and arrears.
- Also to be responsible for the cash collection, reconciliation and banking from these specifically assigned vehicles.
- To be responsible for completion of all vehicle (assigned vehicles) documentation regarding service requirements, accident reporting etc. Also working with the Driver Supervisor and Service Centre Manager when replacement vehicles as required.
- To monitor Drivers to make sure they are wearing the correct uniform, identification badges, and also to monitor the hours that are worked, reporting any anomalies to the Service Centre Manager.
- To deal with Drivers day to day queries as and when required.
- To monitor weekly/monthly service user non-payment and debt positions, undertaking targeted debt recovery procedures as required.
- To deal with services related information and problems and liaise with Client and Local Authority departmental managers to ensure that all relevant service information is relayed to the appropriate client officers.
- To aid the Service Centre Manager to maintain records as required including staff records of annual leave. Sickness and hours worked. The maintenance of all job request records and report books, any other administrative paper work as required by the Service Centre Manager.
- Experience of a customer service role
- Previous administration experience
- Confident and self sufficient using a computer
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to pay attention to detail and be accurate in your work
- Numerate and good written English; GCSE Math’s & English standard or equivalent
- Able to work to deadlines
- Previous use of Microsoft Office products
- Have worked in the elderly/care market
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Full Driving Licence with entitlement to work in the UK
As one of our community meals team you will be focused on excellent customer service with a caring and empathic nature. You will demonstrate a real interest in people and be able to communicate effectively with members of the public and their families. This is a “people” focused role and requires individuals who enjoy engaging with a wide variety of elderly customers.
- To take an active interest in getting to know our customers and become a trusted friend.
- A good listener, you’ll be able to treat every customer as an individual.Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative, plan own day, manage own time.
- To act as a link for drivers and customers if any problems arise during a delivery round.
- To be able to learn our in house computer systems, manage the taking of orders, round sequencing and database management for prospects, current or lapsed customers.
- To enjoy working as a team member and to be passionate about promoting our product range and service proposition.
- Flexible and hands on approach to work content and willingness to help with other areas.