The Role and Team
Following a period of research and construction of a Business Model, starting in Oct 2007, apetito entered the Care Homes market in late 2008. We currently serve around 400 Care Homes across the UK. We have a fully developed Product System Service proposition and are now looking to target on-going opportunities, supported by a substantial marketing and resource investment.We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual with proven business development skills, reinforced by a desire to close deals. Whilst targeted against New Business development, they will need to be conversant with the required approach in this sector and be focused around a consultative, solution-led sell, with a strong commercial input.
Please note: this role covers the North of England (Merseyside across Humberside and up to Scottish Borders)
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
- New Business Development. The sales team is responsible for delivering £2.5 m of New Business each year. This will equate to bringing on approx. 150 New Accounts of the appropriate size per annum.
- Be responsible for generating new business growth across Key Accounts, with a personal sales target of £350k. This equates to approx. 22 New Accounts a year.
- Develop and execute Sales growth, to assist Client development Managers in achieving 94% Account retention and 100% value retention on existing accounts.
- Ensure Sales growth is in accordance with strategic targets around home size, delivery efficiency and pricing to generate profitable growth in line with budget.
- Achieve 2 Prospect Visits per week.
- Identify, review and generate further avenues for expansion in partnership with the Sales Manager.
- Identify, create, pursue and maintain a detailed database of prospects.
- Identify and generate added-value.
- Create excellent inter-company relationships supporting departments and divisions.
- Promote apetito throughout the Care Homes marketplace through extensive networking.
- Proven experience of achieving and exceeding sales targets – focused on target achievement
- Personally responsible for closing deals – taking charge of the process all the way through
- Consultative, Solutions-led Sales experience, not hard product sell
- Strong Commercial experience – be able to justify a business-case
- Objections handling focused around resistance to change/financial issues
- Proven experience of developing and managing an account relationship
- Good O Levels / GCSEs to support a high standard of business communication skills and numerical analysis
- Experience of food/nutritional/technical standards
- Experience of the Care sector
- Good Networking experience
- Good A Levels/First Degree
- Advanced Food Hygiene Training
- Intermediate Food hygiene qualification
- Passion – Must display a passion for this role.
- Strong team working skills at all levels within an organisation, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in delivery.
- Gravitas- Credibility with Group Owners/Management Boards.
- Constantly challenges existing practices; strives for excellence.
- Resilient & determined; persistent in pursuit of achievement.
- Excellent influencing, listening and communication skills, strong negotiator.
- Approachable & presentable and extremely attentive.
- Logical and analytical, but with a results focus.
- Prepared to work flexible hours and able to stay away overnight as needed.
- Role will include a significant amount of national travel depending on location.
- Clean or virtually clean driving license essential.
- This role will request a Disclosure Scotland check due to the nature of the role.