The Role and Team:
The Packing department are keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive (can do) attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the department. By achieving this, the department is in the best position to produce quality products, in an efficient manner. We aim to not only achieve our targets but improve on them as well.
You will be a key member of the production team; ensuring that all product is ‘booked out’ correctly onto the stock management system (SAP)
This position is working 40 hours per week, working Monday - Thursday 06:00 - 14:00 and Friday 15:00 - 23:00.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
- In-put pallets of finished stock onto the stock management system (confirming pallets into SAP)
- Input product codes and quantity into SAP
- Generate appropriate labels both for the pallet and the samples
- Apply labels to the pallet (there is a set place for labels to be attached to the pallet)
- Apply labels to sample units
- In put data into traceability control document (excel spreadsheet)
- Order shrink wrap, pallet bags and labels as required
- Store finished pallets in the palletiser in an organised manner
- Ensure pallet is correctly stacked – so the load is safe
- Ensure pallets are correctly wrapped – securing the load
- Ensure that the required samples are available on each pallet (e.g. 1 for TAYGO & 1 for Lab & 1 spare sample to be stored as a reference sample) then transfer them to the correct crates for collection by the relevant department
- Follow correct personal hygiene procedures (e.g. changing procedure, hand washing procedures)
- Operate to a clean (and tidy) as you go policy
- Clear plastic, labels, broken wood from palletiser floor
- Undertake ‘Basic Food Hygiene’ training: a pass level must be obtained
- Fully train to use an eclectic pallet truck (a license must be held to carry out this role)
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Follow safe working practices
- Assist if required with risk assessments
- Report any accidents or dangerous occurrences
- Ensuring that waste is segregated appropriately so it can be sent to the correct point of disposal/recycling
- Keeping waste to a minimum (e.g. making products right first time)
- Have a can do attitude; will have try to learn other tasks in the department if required
- Promote good team work – help others
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets
- Undertake any training made available/organised
- Experience within a production or manufacturing environment