The Role and Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a forward thinking and ambitious Marketing Manager to join one of the UK’s leading suppliers of food to the social care and healthcare sectors.
As part of the wider international apetito Group, apetito UK has been active in Britain for over 50 years and has experienced remarkable growth in that time. Focused on providing great food to some of the nation’s most nutritiously vulnerable people, apetito is unashamedly customer focussed, always looking to make a real difference to our customers’ lives. apetito is active in providing delicious and nutritious meals to nursery’s, hospitals and care homes, to elderly individuals as part of council run meals-on-wheels delivery services, and to private customers through our Wiltshire Farm Foods brand.
The Marketing Manager role will be responsible for one of apetito’s core markets (healthcare) and one of their emerging markets (nurseries) reporting directly to the Head of Marketing. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining forward thinking marketing strategies to meet both organisational and business unit objectives. Effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities will form a critical part of the role, along with delivery of integrated marketing plans, activities and exhibitions. At all times, strategy and focus should concentrate on brand positioning and driving the ambitious growth targets of the business.
Working closely with the Head of Healthcare and the Head of Nurseries, provision of marketing support and direction to the Sales teams will be critical. To evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implement appropriate and effective marketing plans. Through solid market and audience research, you will be expected to utilise a multi-channel approach to maximise the reach of apetito’s key messaging and develop a comprehensive activity plan and communication strategy for the healthcare and nursery sectors, aiding both customer acquisition and retention.
The Marketing Manager (Healthcare & Nursery’s) must be able to incorporate consistent and dependable reporting and analysis as to the effectiveness of all marketing activity and justify spend where appropriate.
This role represents a chance to join a forward thinking business within a growing industry so if you are an experienced Marketing Manager looking for an exciting opportunity to further your career then please apply
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Create and implement integrated marketing communications strategies and plans that achieve our ambitious growth targets within the Healthcare and Nursery marketplaces
- Work closely with the different internal departments and external agencies to deliver consistent messaging and marketing campaigns across all channels
- Creation of marketing materials – ensuring an appropriate degree of conformance to corporate identity and branding, given the project/target audience
- Design and co-ordination of exhibition and events programmes
- Liaison and management of appropriate Marketing agencies
- Work hand in hand with PR team to maintain a high level of national coverage that enhances our key messaging and market position
- Regular reporting on campaign performance and marketing activity to ensure effectiveness is measured.
- Planning and budgeting to ensure projects generate actionable results and show tangible ROI.
- Involvement in company-wide initiatives & project groups
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, ideally marketing or Business related degree
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of digital technologies
- Experience in development & implementation of marketing plans
- Consumer research and insight
- Event co-ordination experience
- Experience in agency management
- Well versed in MS Office: with intermediate PowerPoint, intermediate Excel and advanced/intermediate Word
- Proven budgetary experience
- Driving licence
- CIM qualification or similar
- Copywriting ability
- Experience in the healthcare or nursery market
- Experience in retail catering
- Strategic & creative thinker
- Analytical mind set
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial outlook
- Ability to work on own initiative and adhere to tight timescales
- Committed to continuing improvement
- Projects credibility
- Effective time manager
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Team player