The department and team
The preparation support areas consist of the butchery, dispensary and debox veg intake departments.
These areas process raw produce; wet and dry ingredients within the dispensary area for pie site, sweets and the meals department.
Butchery dice and mince raw meat consisting of four species, lamb, beef, pork and salmon for direct use in the low risk kitchen and the pie site.
Debox veg-intake supply the high risk kitchen, sweets and meals department with frozen and chilled materials via ticket (Kan-ban) system which the supply is hourly.
Main purpose of the job:
To organise and aid your team to supply frozen and chilled goods at the correct time and in the correct quantities to complete production plans and minimise downtime. There is a high risk report that tells how much material is required to be supplied every hour so the lines in meals can achieve their target, for the supply of the kitchen there is a ticket system in place where the chefs will determine how much material they will need. For the supply of sweets there is a storage area that is where the material is located and the sweets currently use a ticket system to order the requirement they need.
This position is 40 hours per week working on an alternating shift pattern: Monday to Friday - 06.00 - 14.00 / 14.00 - 22.00.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- To organise the operators and ensure that they are fully employed with a duty / task at all times and with the correct PPE provided.
- Work alongside the operators when needed
- If the department has temporary workers ensure they sign and understand any SOPs relevant to the role they are carrying out.
- Aim for the KPI targets that are set by the TL support this will be downtime, wastage etc
- Inform the TL support and relative individuals if there are any problems with supply as quickly as possible to help reduce downtime for other departments.
- To ensure that all operators are carrying out the correct procedures i.e. picking of materials, scanning.
- To ensure that all materials are supplied to production fully covered, labelled, tied, packaging intact to help reduce foreign bodies and maintain highest standard of produce.
- To liaise with the team leaders from the supply areas on a regular basis and deliver any extra materials they need; must be given highest priority so they can meet there line targets.
- Ensure that every product sent to the production areas has the correct weight and batch code to aid with the traceability of the used product
- Ensure that all stocks are used in the correct order (FIFO), chilled items especially; any returned items are to be sent to the relevant
- Competently be able to use SAP transactions within SAP daily to aid with supply of materials. Ordering of materials frozen, chilled and ambient for production directly from warehousing for current and next day production.
- Daily stock takes of any frozen and chilled materials to be carried out to control stock level.
- Support TL in planning of area, checking of day and week in advance plan to ensure KPIs are reached. i.e. workload against planned labour.
- Be able to organise work place to quality and safety standards.
- GCSE’s in English and Mathematics at grade C, or equivalent qualification
- NVQ 2 level qualification
- Level 2 in Food Hygiene
- Cleaning in Food premises qualification
- Sustainable Safety/Leadership
- Management and qualifications