The Role and Team
Our community meals service delivers hot meals to some of society's most vulnerable adults. We have contracts throughout the country that offer a seven day a week food service solution for this client base.
All of our meals are prepared by chefs in our own Trowbridge kitchen and can cater for a wide variety of tastes, ethnicities and dietary requirements
The service that we provide is much more than simply providing a hot meal; we provide a 'safe & well-being check' and have a rigorous process of reporting of any illnesses and unforeseen circumstances that we might come across. We will even wait with a customer until a relative or ambulance attends the scene.
A passion for supporting vulnerable people, together with a great attitude towards customer service is essential for this role.
You will support the Sales & Contract Manager in being responsible for the Portsmouth Contract and will have input into the financial performance, health & safety, client liaison, recruitment, training and development of your team.
The ideal candidate should be inspirational, challenge the norm and not be afraid to think big!
Please note this is a part-time role (15 hours per week Tuesday and Sunday 0900-1630)
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 13 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, a free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Ensure Health & Safety and Hygiene procedures & standards are in place and followed at all times.
- Develop, with the Service and Contract Manager and be responsible for a detailed budget to deliver company and client business objectives
- Maintain good communication with client staff ensuring quality information is exchanged when appropriate
- Monitor performance against contract KPIs and manage performance to ensure achievement.
- Ensure that adequate, cost effective staffing levels are in place at all times.
- Recruit, develop, appraise & review contract staff as appropriate identifying and managing training & development needs.
- Work with and support staff on a day-to-day basis to deliver profitability and service standards.
- Meet all Client and Company administration and reporting requirements.
- Promote and instil belief in Customer Service ensuring customer expectations are met and where opportunities arise, exceeded.
- Monitor Client, Company and Legislative policies and procedures ensuring consistent compliance.
- Maintain quality and standards of overall presentation, ensuring adherence to company and agreed contract standards
- Liaison with Catering Consultants
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of customer care
- Telephone skills: able to handle calls effectively and professionally
- Proven experience in stock control
- Proven ability in managing a team
- Confident in people management activities e.g. recruitment, performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Able to understand P &L accounts
- Experienced in prioritising workload
- Computer skills: confident users of all Microsoft Office Suite
- Full driving licence
- Transport & Logistics background
- Contract Catering
- Fleet management experience
- Minimum Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Effective engagement skills, both on a 1-2-1 basis and within a team
- Calm under pressure
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work self-sufficiently
- Good communicator
- Demonstrates a passion for customer care
- Motivated to achieve, has a “can do” attitude
- You will be a pro-active self starter who can prioritise effectively, balancing a commercial focus with an understanding of our business
- Proactive approach to tasks
From time to time, you will be required to visit our Trowbridge Factory and other depots & locations for meetings, training etc and other depots which may require overnight stays.
This role is exempt from The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and requires and Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All mileage and travel expenses will be paid for should you be required to attend meetings or training