The department and team
This position is 40 hours a week, working Monday to Friday on an alternating shift – 06.00 – 14.00 and 14.00 – 22.00.
The High Risk Kitchen department is keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive (can do) attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the department. By achieving this, the department is in the best position to produce quality products, in an efficient manner. We aim to not only achieve our targets but improve on them as well.
This position is essential in ensuring that the final WIP (work in progress) reaches kanban for Meals Department to assmeble on the lines. The right candidate will have passion for food, quality and working in a safe enviroment for everyone.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Supply Kanban correctly with products from the sanitizer belt and complete the relevant paperwork
- Cook products following the recipes supplied and complete the relevant paperwork
- Empty pots and complete the relevant paperwork
- Clean pots between products
- Work on the Stephan and tumbler
- Ensure paperwork is correct and filled in at all times
- Work CCP temperatures from oven and pie cook fills
Good level of English and Maths
Have a positive attitude; will have try to learn other tasks in the department if required
Promote good team work – help others
Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets
- Undertake any training made available/organized
- Level 2 food hygiene
- Any previous cooking experience within the factory
- Any previous factory work experience