The department and team
Our customers are predominantly over 75 years of age and rely upon our teams to take their orders, pick their orders and deliver their meals.
The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customers that exceeds expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies.
The cold store runs at a chilly -20 degrees centigrade but don’t worry, protective clothing designed to deal with this temperature will be provided along with breaks to warm up and have a hot drink when necessary.
Reporting to the Depot Operations Manager, you are responsible for receiving and storage of deliveries, picking of food and stock management.
You will be working on a 4 hour contract working in the cold store.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 33 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Receiving and storage of deliveries
- Picking of food and stock management
- Customer confidentiality
- Picking orders ensuring zero mistakes are made
- Improve efficiencies and putting them into practice
- Helping the office team where appropriate
- Reporting health and safety, stock quality and mechanical issues
The above is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this role but aims to give a general overview of the position.
- Evidence of commitment and stability
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Numerate and literate
- Basic secondary education
- Open and honest team player
- Flexible, highly motivated and committed
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude; will need to learn other tasks around the business if required
- Promote good team work – help others.
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets