The department and team
This is a Fixed-Term Contract.
The technical department can be described as the ‘Conscience of the Business’ with a core remit of keeping the business informed to ensure strong strategic and tactical decision, provide customer and supplier confidence in relation to food safety and quality standards and to safeguard the business by maintaining a strong due diligence defense.
This is achieved by providing assurance that legal, customer, supplier and business standards of food quality and safety are maintained, ensuring procedural compliance, understanding and effectiveness and driving remedial actions to resolve the root cause of any issues and prevent recurrence. Additionally, the department has a responsibility to drive continuous improvement as an outcome of the core remit by setting standards and keeping abreast of developments that may impact the food industry.
Main purpose of the job:
This is an administrative role to transfer relevant product data from delivery documents to our SAP product management systems.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Regular collection of delivery intake documents from stores
- Ensuring required information is present, notifying QFSA and stores colleagues of any ommissions
- Cross referencing information to esnure the delivery and supplier matches the purchase order
- Timely entry of required information onto our SAP product management system enabling the release and traceability of products
- Liaising with personnel where required to share and enable resolution of any issues identified
- SAP experience
- Previous experience of working in an environment with quality management systems