The department and team
This is a part-time role working 25 hours per week.
Purchasing is an important function within apetito, supporting the delivery of business strategy through cost and value control of the raw materials and goods and services we provide.
This is a fast paced environment responsible for the management of over 1,000 raw materials being delivered to the manufacturing site and more than 150 different supplier contracts. Your organisational skills and eye for detail will be important attributes to make this role a success.
This is an ideal position for someone looking to be part of a busy department in a high profile area of the business, adding value by making sure all business processes run smoothly thanks to your management of documentation and reporting.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Day to day administration of various functions within the purchasing department including contract management and pricing accuracy
- Producing a regular reporting pack for the procurement team to evaluate short and medium term performance
- Analyse large datasets to add value to the decision making needs of the procurement managers
- Assist in stock management communication to suppliers at menu change periods
- Producing and updating reference documents to monitor contract balances/contract timings
- Support ordering of raw materials and packaging as required
- Answering telephone calls from both suppliers and customers, responding to their enquiries and providing the information requested in a reasonable and timely manner.
- Communicating with suppliers to resolve any issues arising from invoices received.
- Attending meetings, taking the minutes and circulating these to the key stakeholders.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of salary.
- GCSE (or equivalent) Math’s and English.
- Previous experience of working within an office environment.
- Previous experience of dealing with suppliers and customers in both written and verbal formats.
- Advance level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook packages.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
- Business studies qualification.
- Experience of working with SAP
- Previous experience of working within a purchasing team.
- A quick learner, particularly in the systems used within the office
- Upholds principles and values - delivers expected results whilst maintaining the highest standards, always ensuring internal procedures are followed.
- Communicating - able to communicate clearly and fluently at all levels and express your opinion in a clear and constructive manner.
- Planning and organisation - must be able to plan and organise daily/weekly tasks, prioritise appropriately and ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Team Player - able to work as part of a team taking time to understand your role and how you can assist your colleagues.
- Flexibility - adopts a flexible approach to working in order to cope with day to day setbacks and obstacles whilst maintaining a positive outlook during periods of high pressure.
- Analytical - capable of analysing all forms of data including numerical and verbal in order to reach rational judgements from the information received.
- Able to form workable solutions to tasks and problems.
- Adaptable to change - adapts to changes quickly and positively, accepts new ideas and looks for the positives in new situations.
- Learning and development - makes use of day to day experiences to further their understanding of the role and looks to gain relevant training where possible.