The department and team
The sweets department are keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the department. By achieving this, the department is in the best position to produce quality products, in a safe environment in an efficient manner. We aim to not only achieve our targets but improve on them as well.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
The working hours for this role are 40 hours per week on our AM shift
- Putting in – for most products this is a single person role, with the exception of a few products (e.g. crumble biscuits).
- Feeding – Preparing trays of sponge or biscuit ready for the operator ‘putting in’.
- Changeovers – be able to either change labels (on the Sealpac) ready for next product or clean down fruit hoppers ready for next product/component.
- Changeovers – help to ensure they are efficient (e.g. collecting lids/labels for next product, setting up work positions, emptying bins and replacing liners, tidying equipment away).
- To weigh, spread, lid, pack or cut out on the multi-portion line.
- To prepare racks then load / unload proseal for Pot line.
- To prepare racks & cases then load / unload cake line.
- Flexible approach
- Willing to learn new tasks
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Basic PC Skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Previous production experience