The department and team
The Pie Department is keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the department. By achieving this, the department is in the best position to produce quality products, in an efficient manner. We aim to not only achieve our targets but improve on them as well. Staff are employed and trained to be multi-functional and to be capable of carrying out numerous functions should this be required when a fellow staff member is away or absent.
Main purpose of the job:
To be a key member of the wash-up team, food premises hygiene team, the yard team, ensuring that all tote bins, tubs, racks & any other equipment are washed & sanitized correctly and to ensure the higher waste hierarchy regarding the waste streams yard/factory had been followed and to assist in other tasks when required.
This role is permanent working 40 hour per week – Monday to Thursday 10 hour shifts between the hours of 08.00 – 18.00, and up to 8 hours on a Friday between the hours of 06.00 – 14.00 to cover holiday when needed.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- To high pressure wash all tote bins, baths, racks & any other items that may require high pressure washing & sanitize
- To place all tubs & trays into tray wash machine & to sanitize them once removing from machine
- To dismantle all depositors & clean using high pressure wash and place cleaned items carefully in clean tote bin or tubs
- To empty scale cupboard of all racking & to clean racks and cupboard regularly
- To deep clean the pie pastry mixing area including high and low level extruders
- To clean all outside areas including the waste area with high pressure
- Minor maintenance of equipment
- To stock control all PPE
- To follow up non-conformances from QA on a daily basis
- Ensure that all items are cleaned thoroughly & sanitized
- Ensure sanitizer is changed every two hours
- Ensure items are washed in a priority order
- Ensure waste bins/recycling dolavs are clean to return into factory
Hygiene and Yard
- Follow correct personal hygiene procedures (e.g. changing procedure, hand washing procedures)
- Operate to a clean (and tidy) as you go policy
- Carry out efficient and effective clean downs
- Undertake ‘Basic Food Hygiene’ training: a pass level must be obtained
- Working as part of a team
- Good standard of English and Math’s
- Previous factory experience
- Previous night shift working
- Chemical awareness training
- Basic computer skills
- COSHH training (or a willingness to complete)
- Fork Lift training (or a willingness to complete)
- ‘Cleaning in Food premises’ training (or willingness to complete)
- ‘Basic Food Hygiene’ training (or willingness to complete)
The role requires a self-motivated enthusiastic individual who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of the team and must also be committed to learning a diverse range of skills whilst still being able to hit the targets required.
- Positive attitude
- Proven understanding of written and verbal English
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be proactive
- Give feedback to team leader/supervisor
- Undertake any training offered