The Role and Team
The main purpose of the Packing Team Leader (Grade 7) is to manage the day to day performance (with 17 direct reports) of the Packing Department delivering plan completion; controlling costs and ensuring that KPI targets are achieved. Come up with continuous improvement ideas and implementation.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Good standards of English and Math’s
- Basic computer skills in word and excel
- Level 3 Food Safety
- IOSH Managing Safety, Behavioral Safety
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Lead by example.
- Proven understanding of written and verbal English.
- Be proactive.
- Motivate and develop a team of individuals to achieve and improve standards.
- Give clear direction, goals & objectives.
- Recognise and celebrate our fellow team members’ contributions and achievements.
- Take direct responsibility & be accountable for actions.
- Challenge poor performance or inappropriate behavior appropriately.
- Ensure team members understand their roles in achieving the vision.
- Give feedback to fellow team members & senior management.
- Undertake any training made available / organised