The department and team
You will be working on a zero hour contract / casual contract with a dual responsibility - consisting of delivery driving as well as work in the cold store and providing holiday cover for other members of the team.
You will need to work as part of the wider team always looking to help out the office team and drivers and we encourage movement between teams to provide flexibility, personal development and an understanding of the whole business. The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customer that exceeds expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies.
Our drivers are the face of our business and their interaction with our customers is crucial to our success. As such you must genuinely enjoy meeting people and exceeding customer service standards, and always be willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
The cold store runs at a chilly -20 degrees centigrade but don’t worry, protective clothing designed to deal with this temperature will be provided along with breaks to warm up and have a hot drink when necessary.
Who we are
Wiltshire Farm Foods have been cooking and delivering delicious frozen meals for over 25 years
Part of the apetito group, an award winning leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, generous annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Be an ambassador for the company in delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
- Undertake pre-shift inspection of your van
- Driving style to be damage free and economical
- Clean and refuel your van as and when needed
- Make deliveries in a timely manner and contact the office with any discrepancies or delays
- Customer confidentially
- Picking orders ensuring zero mistakes are made
- Improve efficiencies and putting them into practice
- Helping the office team where appropriate
- Reporting health and safety, stock quality and mechanical issues
- Evidence of commitment and stability
- Use of computers
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Numerate and literate
- Basic secondary education
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Willingness to carry out Disclosure Scotland checks
- Experience within a customer service or care based role
- Experience of multi-drop delivery role
- Health & Safety training
- Marketing experience
Wiltshire Farm Foods are keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the business. Staff are employed and trained to be multi-functional and to be capable of carrying out numerous functions should this be required when a fellow member of staff is away or absent.