The Role and Team
Wiltshire Farm Foods is part of the apetito group, a German family owned and managed multinational frozen food business. Approaching £100m in sales we source, manufacture and distribute frozen food through a national network of locally owned, managed and community-based franchisees. Wiltshire Farm Foods is consumer led brand with some really exiting plans to develop over the next 12-18 months.
The aim of Wiltshire Farm Foods Marketing team is to support our business growth by understanding what our customers need and communicating what a difference our products and services could make to them. The Undergraduate Placement role sits within the Wiltshire Farm Foods marketing team and is an important addition to the team to help drive our growth and franchise marketing strategy.
As a Graduate, you’ll get to experience our business first-hand, through a diverse range of projects and challenges. It’s a great way to get a clear understanding of the marketing process and learn about the real difference Wiltshire Farm Foods makes to our customers’ lives, some of which are some of the most vulnerable people in our society. No two days will be the same and you’ll get to try your hand at a wide range of Marketing activities.
This is a key role within Wiltshire Farm Foods and will be a first-class entry position for the candidate to understand the workings of a B2C Ecommerce brand.
Reporting to the Ecommerce Manager, they will be supporting and delivering marketing activity through our digital channels to help drive growth for wiltshirefarmfoods.com.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of Ecommerce websites, digital marketing and be able to produce high quality content for use on our digital channels.
The success of this role will involve working with the wider marketing team, other areas of the business as well as external marketing agencies, building strong relationships with key stakeholders to deliver success.
Who We Are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
This role forms part of our Graduate Development Programme full details on the programme can be found on our careers pages at apetito Graduates
• To manage content across a range of digital channels including our website, emails, social media, affiliate, PPC and display to increase our presence online, drive engagement with our audience, create brand loyalty and drive business growth:
- Writing copy and producing digital assets internally.
- Working with the wider business and external agencies to create videos, infographics and blogs.
- Ensuring all digital content is kept up to date with current messaging and imagery.
• Email Marketing Management – work with the wider marketing team and external agency to create email newsletters and service updates for our subscribers.
• Social Media Management – create interactive and engaging content for our followers whilst working with PR and Customer Relations to resolve complaints and queries.
• Support with the launch of new ranges, products and promotions on our website.
• Report on digital marketing KPIs to key stakeholders.
• Analyse digital marketing results using Google Analytics and other tools.
• Support with the effective delivery of our digital media activity as required.
• Support the implementation of our overall digital marketing strategy as required.
• Provide support to our Franchise network on website queries and digital marketing.
• Degree or studying towards a a degree graduating 2020 - ideally in a marketing or business discipline
• Ability to work under pressure to tight timeframes managing multiple projects
• Some relevant work experience via placement year or work experience
• Social Media Experience
• Email Marketing Experience
• Content Marketing Experience
• Good Copy Writing Skills
• Google Analytics Experience
• Photoshop/InDesign Experience
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude. They will also be proactive and positive in outlook. They will be a team player.
Excellent project management, an ability to understand data to produce clear results and actions.
• Literate with a good grasp of written English and eye for detail
• Numerate with the ability to interrogate data Drive & Self-Motivation
• Leadership development
• Intellectual curiosity
• Communicate effectively to implement new ideas and strategies
• Keen eye for detail
Relationship builder – there is a team of circa 12 within the marketing department but you will also have exposure to key stakeholders and senior management within WFF and apetito