The department and team
We are looking for a Runner - Grade 3 in the Meals team, keeping the lines replenished with materials in order to avoid any downtime. Each Runner is responsible for providing materials to their dedicated line, which will typically produce 20,000 meals per shift. Once a production run is complete, the Runner will then work with the team on the line changeover. Successful applicants need to be able to sustain performance throughout the shift and to be capable of frequent manual handling and material movement. As a part of this role you will also need to change films and labels when the team leader is unavailable. Where and when needed you may be required to work on the production line.
This is a very physical role and requires a lot of manual handling of materials from the Kanban onto the workstations.
The hours for this position are Monday to Friday 1400-2200.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Supply the line with the correct products to ensure that there is no down time.
- Assist with changeovers to reduce line downtime.
- Work and adhere to any work instructions in place.
- Operate depositor.
- Health & Safety - Work in a safe manner at all times whilst following safe working practices and assisting with risk assessments when required. Report any accidents, hazards or dangerous occurrences to your line manager.
- Quality - Inform the person running the line if you think there is any potential issues with the quality of the procedure or material either food and packaging. Help ensure that the finished products are right first time.
- Hygiene - Follow correct personal hygiene procedures and operate to a clean (and tidy) as you go policy. Carry out efficient and effective clean downs when changing over products to ensure no cross contamination.
- Experience of working to set standards and KPIs
- Good standards in English and Math’s
- Experience of working in a production environment
- Undertake Level 2 Food Safety training: a pass level must be obtained
- Have a can do attitude and a willingness to learn new tasks within the department.
- Promote good team work – help others.
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets.
- Able to work on own initiative.