The department and team
The Meals department are keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the department. By achieving this, the department is in the best position to produce quality products, in an efficient manner. We aim to not only achieve our targets but improve on them as well.
This position is 40 hours per week working Sunday-Thursday 2200-0600.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
· Putting in vegetables/potato products- for most products this is done with a scoop but some done by hand
· Hand placing items up to a total of 3 – 4 on a line
· Correcting ‘weights’ to keep waste to a minimum
· Changes overs- help ensure they are efficient. Empty bins and waste tubs and replace with clean ones, clean area around the line
· It is also expected that people in this role are able to ‘weigh’ on the multi-portion and twin portion line at the required speed
· Finished (assembled) products must be right first time.
· Inform the person running the line if you think there is a potential issue with the quality of the product
· Follow correct personal hygiene procedures
· Operate to a clean (and tidy) as you go policy
· Carry out efficient and effective clean downs when changing over products
Health & Safety:
· Work in a safe manner at all times
· Follow safe working practices
· Assist if required with risk assessments
· Report any accidents or dangerous occurrences
- Experience of food safety.
- Working in a production environment.
Have a can do attitude; will have try to learn other tasks in the department if required.
Promote good team work – help others.
Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets.
Undertake ‘Basic Food Hygiene’ training: a pass level must be obtained.
Undertake any training made available/organised.