The Role and Team
apetito is a business dedicated to making a real difference and the proof, excuse the pun, is in the pudding. Just ask our customers Sylvia and Fred.
Therefore, to increase how we communicate our ‘making a real difference’ message and our core values to our customers, partners and team, we’re looking to add a Senior PR Executive to join our in-house PR and Content team.
If you have 3-5 years PR experience, and want to join an agile, committed and highly creative PR team, while working for an organisation that supports some of society’s most vulnerable, then apetito is the place for you.
The new addition to our team will want to take the next step in their career and have a strong background in consumer PR and social media; as well as a passion for writing.
To get a better understanding of our business, visit our YouTube channel where the PR team brings our stories to life or www.apetito.co.uk.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
- Manage and implement a consumer PR strategy for our Wiltshire Farm Foods brand
- Work in partnership with our apetito and Wiltshire Farm Food teams to monitor social media channels, create content and drive conversation
- Identify opportunities to raise brand awareness
- Press Office management including media relations, facilitating media requests, requests for interview, commentary and images/video
- Project management for PR events and campaigns
- Evaluation and measurement of PR outputs and results
- Internal Communications content creation and management
- Create and issue expert opinion articles for key company spokespeople
- Strong PR experience, either in agency or in-house
- Social media knowledge including content creation, page management and relevant data analysis
- Evidence of developing and implementing plans positively influencing brand perception across multiple channels
- Proven media relations and communications skills
- Experience of working in a Press Office environment, media monitoring and reporting
- Consumer PR experience
- Experience of Food Industry
- Experience working with the Health and Social Care Sector
The successful candidate will be;
- a self-starter who is strategic in their outlook, creative, forward-thinking , exhibiting innovative and original ideas
- able to demonstrate they can deliver excellent initiatives, with the ability to manage projects on time and on budget
- able to make things happen, quickly and effectively
- self-motivated and pro-active, able to use own initiative
- an excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- a team player who is able to work with and influence colleagues to achieve optimum results, determined to achieve both personally and for the team
- flexible and able to embrace change
- have a good sense of humour
- have a professional yet approachable manner and demeanor
Primarily based in Trowbridge, but with occasional travel and overnight stays for offsite meetings.
Occasional international travel.