The department and team
This position is 40 hours per week working Monday to Thursday between the hours of 06.00-17.00.
The Pie Department has 5 production lines, a pastry line and four packing lines. Together with the palletiser the packing department has up to 18 staff employed which are responsible to pack the frozen finished goods into food safe cardboard boxes. It is a fast moving environment and in an average week the team is packing up to a million units.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
Pack Dexmore, Tromp, Trad, Sausage Roll and Handline at the required speeds.
Place the correct number of pack in each case.
Supply line with boxes made up ready to use.
It is also expected that persons in this role are able to carry out other tasks within the department as required. If your line stops you must clean up and support other lines.
Achieve KPI targets set by the production plan.
Inform TL and relative individuals if there are any problems with supply as quickly as possible to aid production plans (fillers, plastic bags, cases etc.).
To ensure all operatives and temporary staff are adhering to procedures in place and Job instructions (PPE, Health & Safety).
Ensure that all packaging stock is used in the correct order.
All products must be put into designated area to control temperatures, CCPs and reduce micro bacterial growth.
- Enthusiastic/can do attitude
- A passion for organizing and coordinating workplace facilities
- Ability to establish strong effective working relationships with colleagues
- A good communicator
- Ability to quickly identify solutions to problems, to make decisions, take ownership and use own initiative to resolve problems
- Exemplary attention to detail
- The proven ability to work under pressure and deal with challenging situations
- Perfect timekeeping & attendance record and ability to be flexible as required
- A very good understanding of Health & Safety in the work place
- Open to change when needed
- Basic Food Hygiene – Pass level needs to be achieved