The department and team
This position is working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 06:00 - 14:00.
Debox veg-intake supply the kitchen, sweets and meals department with frozen and chilled materials via ticket (Kan-ban) system which the supply is hourly.
Main purpose of the job:
The Veg Intake department is keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive (can do) attitude. By achieving this, the department is in the best position to supply the meals and sweets department in an efficient manner. We aim to not only achieve our targets but improve on them as well.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- To be a key member of the team supplying kitchen meals and sweets department with goods and information at the correct time.
- Scan all supplied materials with correct quantity.
- Assemble supplies for the meals and sweets department in the correct quantities.
- Fill out the sheets with the correct weights and batch codes.
- Send products over the conveyor belt.
- Ensure that all stock is used in the correct order.
- Follow correct personal hygiene procedures (e.g. changing procedure, hand washing procedures).
- Operate to a clean (and tidy) as you go policy.
- Undertake ‘Basic Food Hygiene’ training: a pass level must be obtained.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Follow safe working practices.
- Assist if required with risk assessments.
- Report any accidents or dangerous occurrences.
- Help the business be environmentally friendly:
- by ensuring that waste is segregated appropriately so it can be sent to the correct point of disposal/recycling
- by keeping waste to a minimum (e.g. making products right first time)
It is also expected that an operator in this area would be able to work in other areas in the Preparation areas.
- Good English communication and Math skills
- Be able to do QFSA checks inlcuding CCP and fill in paper work
- Be able to manual handle materials up to 25 kg
- Understand SAP transactions and scanning process - trainig will be provided