The Role and Team
The function of the Transport Administrator is to provide support to the Transport team to help control risk and cost. Day to day duties will include debriefing drivers, answering telephone enquiries and supporting the Transport Department as required.
The role will require the post holder to work with the drivers and supervisors.
Ensure that statutory records are produced accurately and in a timely manner. This will require the post holder to use a variety of interpersonal skills, support and empathy and have a calm personality and approach.
This position is 40 hours per week, working flexibly as required, between the hours of 06.00 - 20.00, Monday - Friday (the standard working pattern is approx 0900-1800)
Development opportunities may be available for the right individual.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 33 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Maintain Statutory records.
- Collate reports for fuel usage to include mileage, red fuel, white fuel, and blue on a daily basis. Compare planned against actual and highlight differences.
- Checking for vehicle accidents and damages reporting any defects and making sure all lorries only go out if legally compliant.
- Debriefing of drivers including checking of paperwork and entering of daily figures.
- Audit returning driver paperwork to ensure customer credits are received in a timely manner
- Reconcile agency hours and create purchase order numbers
- Ensure that records and filing systems are maintained weekly.
- Manage uniform and protective clothing orders for drivers. Liaise with uniform suppliers to manage impress stock levels
- Provide information for the weekly trading estimate.
- Maintain effective records
- Support the Portbury Transport team as required.
- Undertake project analysis such as WTD compliance and fuel usage analysis or any future projects where it is felt you input would be advantages.
- To ensure that all filing systems are kept up to date.
- To maintain a comprehensive archiving system.
- Experience of working in a busy operational environment or office.
- Able to work as part of team.
- Maths & English to GCSE or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, Internet and Email.
- Positive attitude with a can do/proactive approach to problem solving
- Reliable under pressure
- Good people skills and a good communicator
- Methodical and detail conscious to ensure accuracy of records.
- Self-starter wishing to develop within the role and promote positive activity
- Good geographical understanding of the UK would be beneficial.
- Experience of working with Transport documentation, “O” licence/Working Time Directive requirements and knowledge of transport regulations.
- Experience of SAP
- Experience of working within a planning team.
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer skills.