The Role and Team
apetito business operates 24/7 providing vital service to our customers. Network and data security is central to the success of the business and the team supports the infrastructure and services vital to its operation.
As apetito digitally transforms, it is essential that we protect our business and customers from the increasing emergence of cyber threats. To achieve this apetito UK has created an internal Security Operations team (SOT) and this role will be a key appointment in its delivery.
The SOT will be an organized and highly skilled team whose mission is to continuously monitor and apetito’s security posture while preventing, detecting, analyzing, and responding to cyber security incidents with the aid of both technology and well-defined processes and procedures
The role-holder will report to the Head of IT and work closely with the Security Operations Infrastructure planner to deliver on a broad range of security initiatives and projects.
This role will be responsible for:
- Delivery of infrastructure security improvements to the IT estate at apetito
- Ownership of the technical adherence to accreditation standards and audit recommendations for improvement
- Be the Technical Design Authority for Security within the apetito infrastructure architecture group
- Liaison with the wider apetito IT teams both in UK and Germany to ensure that agreed security standards are continually maintained and improved
- Delivery of an agreed infrastructure security strategy and associated standards together with robust documented policies
- Orchestrating tested response plans
- Implementation of threat monitoring solutions
- Technical security incident response and resolution
Delivering technical security best practice
Configuration of co-lo and cloud services to ensure these are secure and performant
Whilst this role is not responsible for Security operations for our Franchisee partners, the role holder may be required to offer technical guidance where requested.
Resolution of infrastructure actions arising from independent compliance audits, tests and chosen accreditations
The UK IT team manages the infrastructure solution for our Canadian business and this role would be required to provide similar remote expertise to their operation
The current projects underway include:
- Implementation of a SIEM and DLP
- Delivery of Microsoft 365
- Relocation to a 3rd party data for our centralised ERP supporting Wiltshire Farm Foods
The role-holder will also play a valuable role in liaising between the Security Operations team, IT, apetito AG, apetito’s DPO and the wider business..
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Execution of actions arising from audits, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing and compliance projects.
- Focus of high priority projects making challenging decisions and delivering technical tasks.
- Provide technical knowledge and support for the Security Operations team and the wider IT team
- Develop and own patching and update schedules across the apetito IT estate including timetable development, testing and deployment.
- Implementation and management of industry recognized security solutions, e.g. SIEM, DLP, IPS, DPS etc.
- The role will be required to be the technical design authority for security
- Rolling out emergency changes as the security environment requires.
- Network scanning deployment and remediation of faults discovered.
- Management and prioritisation of workload.
- Build and maintain policy and support documentation
- Provide guidance and support on all matters relating to IT security
- Bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross functional problems
- Maintain helpful and appropriate communication with the business throughout the management of incidents
- Work collaboratively with the business, IT team, 3rd parties and Project teams
Experience of delivering security across a similar business or corporate environment infrastructure estate
- Technical proficiency in many, but not necessarily all, of the technologies listed
- Training and/or industry recognised certifications with Microsoft server operating systems and server software.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Firewalls
Current relevant technologies:
Virtualisation: VM Ware ESXi v5.5 / v6 / v6.5
Networks: Cisco 45xx,3xxx,2xxx series, Cisco 55xx Wireless LAN controllers, CheckPoint and Barracuda Firewalls, Smoothwall Proxy
Tele-comms: Avaya Nortel CS1000, Symposium/Aura CC
Servers: (physical) HP Proliant
Storage: EMC VNX / EMC Data domains
Windows Admin: Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 & 2016 R2
Key Business Applications: Office 365 (Office 2016, Skype for business, Exchange online, SharePoint online, Yammer, OneDrive, Teams), Citrix, Microsoft Terminal Services, Northgate Resourcelink, SAP, MS NAV and SQL Server
Backups: Backup exec, Veeam & Data Domains
Monitoring: SolarWinds – application & network monitoring
- Cisco certifications, CCNA, CCNP or similar
- Strong experience with HP Server Infrastructure
- ITIL qualification
- Familiarity with agile project methodologies
- Training/familiarity with Avaya/Nortel and Cisco architecture and design practices
- Training and/or Industry recognized certifications with designing, maintaining and interconnecting wide area networks
- Firm understanding of the OSI model
- Demonstrated experience of Cisco Switch configuration and support.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 -2016.
- Familiarity of Avaya C51000E V7.5 telephone switch
- Aura Contact Centre 6.0 telephone administration.
- Excellent analysis, diagnosis and problem management skills
- Self-motivated and able to own and manage workload with minimal supervision – a proven self-starter
- Able to demonstrate a structured approach to work as well as being able to work well in team environment and deal with people professionally at all levels
- Is used to working in a high workload environment and can readily prioritise issues and escalate if required
- Has a passion for developing and delivering excellent security solutions