The department and team
The role of our customer services advisor is critical to the success of our business.
Our customers are predominantly elderly and rely upon our office teams to take their orders over the phone and resolve complaints or issues.
The defining characteristics of our customer services advisors are that they’re organised and efficient. However, apart from the technical skills that are required with the role, the most important attributes are that we demonstrate empathy, patience, kindness, friendliness, care and warmth to all our customers.
The role involves the taking of customer orders, resolving complaints, following up on new customer enquiries and also the making of outbound courtesy calls.
This role will be based on a 1 years fixed term contract.
Who we are
apetito Services deliver hot meals on wheels 365 days to year to elderly and vulnerable people in their own homes.
Part of the apetito group, an award winning leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, generous annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Responsible for the taking of telephone orders and making outbound calls to customers and prospects.
- To investigate and resolve customer complaints
- To ensure each customer is provided with “exemplary” service on each telephone call or contact.
- To update customer records and liaise with customer relatives as required.
- Prepare promotional literature as required and communicate details of new products or promotions to customers.
- To search, provide and continually look for new business opportunities.
- To share best practices with colleagues in an effort to continuously improve our service proposition.
- Experience of a customer service role
- Confident using a Personal computer
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to pay attention to detail and be accurate in your work
- Numerate and good written English; GCSE Math’s & English standard or equivalent
- Able to work to deadlines
- Have worked in the elderly/care market
- Experience of working with Navision IT solution
- Experience of working in a team environment
As one of our team you will be focused on excellent customer service with a caring and empathic nature. You will demonstrate a real interest in people and be able to communicate effectively with members of the public and their families.
- This is a “people” focused role and requires individuals who enjoy engaging with a wide variety of elderly customers.
- To take an active interest in getting to know every customer and become a trusted friend.
- A good listener, you’ll be able to treat every customer as an individual.
- To have a very clear telephone voice where you can adapt your style to meet the needs of every customer.
- Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative, plan own day, manage own time.
- To act as a link for drivers and customers if any problems arise during a delivery round.
- To enjoy working as a team member.
- Flexible approach to work content and willingness to help with other areas of the business as and when the occasion arises.