The Role and Team
The apetito Digital Marketing Executive is tasked with driving leads and increasing brand awareness across all our B2B divisions, through the apetito website.
Reporting to the Head of apetito Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic direction and roadmap of the apetito website working in conjunction with the business unit marketing managers to ensure plans and objectives are aligned.
The Digital Marketing Executive will be responsible for optimising customer journeys on our website, updating and creating new and engaging content as well as managing the relationship with our digital marketing agency. They will also be expected to plan and implement all paid digital advertising campaigns meeting campaign objectives as set out by the business unit marketing manager.
Key projects for the coming year include, the integration of our nursery meals website into our apetito website whilst maintaining site traffic, leads and SEO.
The successful candidate will be an experienced digital marketer with excellent project management and stakeholder engagement skills.
Who We Are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
- Manage and develop apetito’s brand website and nursery meals website.
- Plan and execute all paid digital advertising campaigns.
- Collaborate with business unit marketing managers to ensure digital activity is aligned to overall business objectives.
- Manage the digital marketing agency monitoring performance and spend.
- Responsible for SEO, PPC, display, affiliates and retargeting.
- Ensure they are constantly up to date with emerging trends in the digital world and how they could be applied to apetito.
- Be a key member of the apetito marketing team
- Proven track record of managing and understanding digital platforms
- Be confident in working with digital marketing agencies
- Be commercially focused and numbers driven
- Proven digital marketing and website development experience
- Detailed knowledge of working with Google Analytics
- Experience of analysing data to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Consumer research and insight
- Degree or equivalent in Business or Marketing
- Agile experience
- Knowledge of Kentico
- Working Knowledge of adobe creative cloud
- Strong communicator
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Numeric and Analytical
- Strong team player