The department and team
Our community meals service delivers hot meals to some of society's most vulnerable adults. We have contracts throughout the country that offer a seven day a week food service solution for this client base.
All of our meals are prepared by chefs in our own Trowbridge kitchen and can cater for a wide variety of tastes, ethnicities and dietary requirements.
The service that we provide is much more than simply providing a hot meal; we provide a 'safe & well-being check' and have a rigorous process of reporting of any illnesses and unforeseen circumstances that we might come across. We will even wait with a customer until a relative or ambulance attends the scene.
The ideal candidate will be at the start of their managerial career, looking for their next step. They will be responsible for a small, single site operation, responsible for up to 6 employees and running a fleet of up to 4 vehicles”.
The key focus of the Sales & Contract(s) Manager is to deliver an exceptional level of business growth and profitability. The successful candidate will be able to lead and inspire their own local team to achieve greater success. The Sales & Contract(s) Manager will be responsible for the depot(s) and all operations; including our tele-sales, field marketing activities, cold store and delivery vehicles.
The ideal candidate should role-model excellent leadership skills, challenge the norm and think big!
Objectives and Key performance indicators (KPI’s) include:
1) Developing strategies to deliver sales growth: - Achieve sales targets - Increase new customer acquisition; identify, review and generate further avenues
2) Profit & achieving our P&L objectives: - Achieve operational benchmarks e.g. hours, health & safety & productivity
3) The Sales & Contract(s) Manager is expected to deliver outstanding local marketing campaigns, adopt best practice and maximise the benefits of our Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system.
4 )The role will have full P&L responsibility and will report directly to the Commercial & Operations Manager
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 33 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Active promotion of meals on wheels services through tastings & sales meetings
- Develop and run a local marketing plan in conjunction with the Catering Consultant
- Drive growth within the business whilst also delivering a high level of profitability.
- Develop a clear business plan for growth by utilising all available marketing resources to drive new customer acquisition and retention.
- Ensuring exceptional levels of influencer marketing (e.g. hospital discharge teams, social work teams) is achieved in order to build strong relationships with influencers and organisations that can signpost others to the service.
- You will need to ensure that you proactively use all the CRM tools available to maximise customer recruitment and retention
- Ensure Health & Safety and Hygiene procedures & standards are adhered to and followed at all times
- Develop with the Commercial and Operations Manager a detailed budget to deliver company and client business objectives
- Agree contract KPIs, monitor performance against KPIs and drive/manage performance and profitability to ensure achievement
- Achieve budgeted sales and profitability, influence key P&L drivers and accurately forecast future financial performance
- Ensure all behaviours are in line with apetito’s Code of Conduct
- Maintain excellent operational standards throughout the Contract
- Adherance to all apetito procedures and deadlines
- Demonstrable leadership and coaching/ support provided to employees on a day-to-day basis to increase engagement and motivation
- Ensure adequate, cost effective resource levels are in place
- Recruit, induct, develop, appraise and review contracted employees as appropriate to ensure successful sign-off probationary
- Identify and manage training and development needs
- Champion and oversee excellent service standards
- Ensure all processes are communicated and followed by all personnel
- Promote and instil belief in customer service ensuring customer expectations are met and where opportunities arise, exceeded
- Maintain excellent communications with client employees ensuring quality information is exchanged when appropriate ie feedback from Leadership Conference
- Maintain & develop the partnership with the local council to ensure the customer base grows organically throughout the County
- Deliver all client and company administration and reporting requirements
- Abide by client, company and legislative policies and procedures ensuring consistent compliance
- Maintain quality and standards of overall presentation, ensuring adherence to company and agreed contract standards
- Liaison with Catering Consultants
- Champion Employee Forums – promote attendance/engagement by Employee Representatives
Create excellent inter-company relationships within departments (ie HR, Finance etc., ) and divisions
Promote MOW through networking activitie
Proven ability in developing a business and growing sales
Demonstrate a high standard of customer care
Telephone skills: able to handle calls effectively and professionally
Proven experience in stock control
Proven ability in managing and developing a team
Confident in people management activities e.g. recruitment, sickness absence, performance management and disciplinary procedures
Able to understand and translate P &L accounts
Experienced in prioritising workload
Computer skills: confident users of all Microsoft Office Suite
Prepared to work flexible hours and stay away overnight as needed
Full driving licence with the entitlement to drive in the UK.
- Transport & Logistics background
- Contract Catering
- Fleet management experience
- Minimum Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Effective engagement skills, both on a 1-2-1 basis and within a team
- Calm under pressure – resilient
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work self-sufficiently
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrates a passion for customer care
- Motivated to achieve, has a “can do” attitude
- Pro-active self starter who can prioritise effectively, balancing a commercial focus with an understanding of our business
- Strong team working skills at all levels, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in delivery
- Results focused, persistent in pursuit of achievement
From time to time, you will be required to visit our Trowbridge Factory and other depots & locations for meetings, training etc and other depots which may require overnight stays.
This role is exempt from The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and requires and Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All mileage and travel expenses will be paid for should you be required to attend meetings or training