The Role and Team
We are currently recruiting for a methodical and diligent Facilities Manager who will be responsible for the office facilities (non-manufacturing areas) at our Trowbridge sites and the management of the Staff Restaurant, Petito’s.
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Ensuring a safe, secure, clean and high quality environment for apetito team members and visitors. You will need to ensure that the building and facilities within our non-manufacturing areas (this includes but is not limited to; offices, customer visitor centre, reception area, staff restaurant, meeting rooms / breakout areas inc kitchen areas and facilities, storage areas, toilets/washrooms and car parks) are maintained to the highest standard.
- Managing contracts with 3rd party suppliers for services including, but not limited to, office cleaning, window cleaning, waste and recycling (non food) and security.
- Management of staff restaurant facilities and ensuring the Petito’s team are providing excellent hospitality, catering and associated services.
This post will have budgetary responsibilities and will be involved in ad hoc project work.
We are looking for some-one to make a real difference by ensuring our office working environment and facilities are kept at their best, that the staff catering facilities are operated effectively and to a very high standard, thereby contributing to apetito being a great place to come to work.
Who We Are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers’ rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
- Responsibility for the general office maintenance and the upkeep of our offices and facilities in the non-manufacturing areas at our sites in Trowbridge
- Responsible for developing and communicating appropriate policies and processes to ensure high standards are met and maintained, for example a process for reporting faults/damage, ensuring the clear desk policy is adhered to
- Promoting a culture whereby team members take responsibility for their working space and, where necessary, supporting managers in relation to complying with agreed standards and processes
- in their working areas. This will involve monitoring the situation and taking appropriate action to rectify any failure by team members and managers to uphold standards.
- Ensuring office decoration and office furniture is in line with agreed Company standards/palate
- Identify, report and take appropriate action regarding any issues that are a risk to the health and safety (inc fire and environment) of team members in relation to the site and facilities
- To liaise and work with internal areas such as Engineering and Health & Safety to ensure relevant maintenance matters are progressed in a timely way.
- Ensure an effective programme of planned and preventative office maintenance is in place
Ensuring the Staff Restaurant is well managed, meeting the various needs of the business and ensuring high quality hospitality, catering and customer services.
- Responsible for managing the Security contract and dealing with any issues raised by the contractor’s on site staff
- Responsible for managing other third party contractors providing facilities management services such as cleaning to ensure full compliance with standards established within contracts and service agreements
- Working in partnership with the Purchasing team to ensure quality and value for money is achieved from facilities management services providers through being first point of contact with the providers and monitoring facilities management contracts
- Responsibility for budget management, including budget preparation and monitoring
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
- Prioritise key tasks ensuring minimal disruption to the business
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of HR in order to meet the changing needs and demands of the business
- An emergency contact for out of hours’ issues
- Experience of site maintenance and management
- Proven track record of implementing procedures and improvement processes.
- Project management experience
- Staff Management experience
- Experience working with and influencing people
- Experience of managing soft facilities management services contract (eg cleaning, waste, maintenance) and working with key performance indicators
- Knowledge and experience of catering management
- Facilities management qualification
- Experience of managing third party contractors
- Good knowledge of health and safety including contractor work permits
- Experience of managing budgets
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic/can do attitude – happy to roll up the sleeves and get the job done no matter how small
- A passion for organizing and coordinating workplace facilities
- Ability to establish strong effective working relationships with colleagues
- A good communicator
- Ability to quickly identify solutions to problems, to make decisions, take ownership and use own initiative to resolve problems
- Exemplary attention to detail
- The proven ability to work under pressure and deal with challenging situations
- Great customer service skills
- Reliable and able to be flexible as required