The Role and Team
apetito business operates 24/7 providing vital service to our customers. IT is central to the success of the business and the team supports the infrastructure and services vital to its operation.
We are embarking on a period of exciting change and this role will be a key appointment in its delivery as we look to embrace all modern Microsoft technology to deliver value to apetito and its users.
The role-holder needs be able to embrace the concept of “service over servers”, be able to deliver business value over ITIL process. As an organisation it is our aim to embrace an Agile way of working and move away from Waterfall processes, and as such the role-holder must embrace change and adapt to unplanned change. Parts of the wider I.T. team are embracing DevOps and the role holder will need to take an active role in this process.
The role-holder will report to the IT Service Delivery Manager and will be given responsibility to manage, formulate appropriate standards and make decisions on IT Infrastructure whilst ensuring that solutions are well maintained and supportable. We use agile methodologies for managing projects and development within IT. We also priorities work daily using a Kanban board so work can be broken down and prioritised quickly and effectively which provides the team with maximum productivity.
We are seeking to employ an experienced Microsoft modern workplace solution specialist with ambitions to embrace cloud infrastructure. This role will be pivotal to the IT team as our IT strategy adopts a cloud first ethos and will require a technical leader in this area. The role holder will also boost the network, telephony, server & storage support capability within the team whilst ensuring that agreed strategies & projects are delivered in an Agile way of working.
The role-holder will also be a key member involved in delivering our digital transformation projects that are currently underway. Our aim is to provide world class IT infrastructure with a cloud first mindset supporting the business and you and the team will enable this.
Present technology set at apetito:
Cloud: Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Intune, Azure AD, Exchange online & Tenant management
Vitalization: VM Ware ESXi v5.5 / v6 / v6.5
Networks: Cisco 45xx,3xxx,2xxx series, Cisco 55xx Wireless LAN controllers, CheckPoint and Barracuda Firewalls, Smoothwall Proxy
Tele-comms: Avaya Nortel CS1000, Symposium/Aura CC & Skype PBX
Servers: (physical) HP Proliant
Storage: EMC VNX / EMC Data domains
Windows Admin: Windows Server 2012 R2 & 2016 R2
Key Business Applications: Dynamics 365, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Exchange online, SharePoint online, Yammer, OneDrive), Citrix, Microsoft Terminal Services, Zellis Resourcelink, Atlassian ServiceDesk and others
Backups: Cloud Backups, Veeam & Data Domains
Monitoring: SolarWinds – application & network monitoring
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, generous annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Drive modern workplace solutions forward and own delivery of the associated tasks.
- Own Infrastructure technical changes and support issues and their resolution
- Focus of high priority projects making challenging decisions and delivering technical tasks.
- Become the ‘Technical Design Authority’ for one or more of the following roles; Cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Intune, Azure AD, Exchange online & Tenant management ) Enterprise Client Technology and contribute to the overall IT strategy as part of the Infrastructure Architecture Group.
- Administer changes as required by the business according to SLA’s and project plans
- Work with 3rd parties during installation, operation and monitoring of remote elements of the network
- Capacity planning
- Management and prioritisation of workload
- Build and maintain support documentation
- Bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross functional problems
- Maintain helpful and appropriate communication with the business throughout the management of incidents
- Support the 1st line support team where needed and use the helpdesk tools including providing ‘second line’ out of hours support when needed
- Own and deliver IT infrastructure changes
- Work collaboratively with the business, IT team, 3rd parties and Project teams
- Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Azure AD, Exchange Online & Tenant management
- Training and/or industry recognised certifications with Microsoft server operating systems and server software.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Proven experience with configuring and administering Microsoft Exchange Infrastructure 2010-2016 and Exchange Online
- Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Terminal Services
- Hands-on experience with Citrix Server Farms – presentation Server 7.6.
- Proven experience with VMWare virtualisation technology.
- Demonstrated experience of EMC VNX SAN.
- Cisco certifications, CCNA, CCNP or similar
- Strong experience with HP Server Infrastructure
- Strong fundamental knowledge with firewalls
- ITIL qualification
- Familiarity with agile project methodologies
- Training/familiarity with Avaya/Nortel and Cisco architecture and design practices
- Training and/or Industry recognized certifications with designing, maintaining and interconnecting wide area networks
- Firm understanding of the OSI model
- Demonstrated experience of Cisco Switch configuration and support.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 -2016.
Experience with configuring and administering Microsoft SharePoint online.