The Role and Team
The role of Interim Development Manager for our Business to consumer market is a fixed term position leading a team to deliver accelerated growth, driving continuous improvement and increasing consumer focused innovation.
As a senior member of the Product & Systems Development team , the successful candidate is expected make a major impact on the profitable growth of our business, through an innovative, proactive and commercially focused approach to product development and the effective leadership of their team.
Working closely with the Head of Category management, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of the Wiltshire Farm Foods product development projects and programmes.
They will be responsible for creating competitive advantage through innovative product development based on customer and consumer experiences, needs and expectations.
This will include managing strategic development programmes in addition to responsive development activities and value optimisation projects
- Leadership of a team of Development Technologists to drive and deliver market leading innovative, proactive and responsive product development.
- Develop and support exceptional people to deliver agreed objectives and enable them to achieve their potential.
- Ensure a customer focused approach is applied to B2C development activities . This will include managing consumer testing , market safaris and identifying relevant food trends
- Drive and support value optimisation opportunities to deliver real value for money for our customers and ensure agreed commercial targets are met.
- Ensure B2C development is aligned with business strategies and policies.
- Manage and deliver projects directly assigned by the Head of Product Development
- Identify & deliver product quality and nutrition improvements, taking account of the needs of all stakeholders.
- Support the improvement of Development processes and procedures.
- Ensure manufacturing processes and improvements are fully considered.
- Support new Business to Consumer market initiatives
- A good level of educational attainment
- Effective leadership of cross functional teams to deliver challenging objectives
- Food Product Development experience
- Degree level food based qualification
- Successful team leadership
- Experience within frozen or chilled food manufacturing
- Drive to challenge, improve and make a real difference
- Good problem-solving skills
- A genuine passion for food and nutrition
- Able to illustrate leadership qualities
- Confident – able to work well with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Ability to manage short term priorities and take a long term strategic view
- Excellent communication skills
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness
- A can-do attitude and prepared to take a hands-on approach