The Role and Team
This is a great opportunity for a technically focused diligent individual to support Payroll, HR, Manufacturing and other parts of the business in running a seamless payroll process and providing efficient, quality data capture and analysis
You will be responsible for the structure, elements and development of the two main systems used to capture, report and pay apetito’s 1,500 staff which has a wide variety of employee contracts including weekly paid
There will be the opportunity to work with stakeholders throughout the business, within finance and be part of new and innovative projects and be accountable and responsible for solutions that the whole business uses on a day to day basis. As our digital landscape transforms you may be involved in other systems and projects in the future
You will have a foundation knowledge of payroll and likely started your career there, but also enjoy the logic and possibilities of developing systems. Someone who likes working with others coordinating and communicating across the business we be taken in your stride
Please note that this role could be managed flexibly from home 3/4 days a week subject to negotiate and personal circumstances
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Act as system manager for ResourceLink (Payroll & HR) and Crown (Time & Attendance) integrating or developing other tools as the business grows
- Act as liaison between Finance/Human Resources, apetito IT and contacts within the external system providers (account management and support desks)
- Ensure essential HR/Payroll system upgrades and patches are tested within given timescales
- Develop own technical skills through on the job learning and self-study
- Support Payroll Controller and deputise for her in some aspects of her role
- Develop the MyViewew+ (Web interface for front end users) to improve the way information is gathered and shared
- Educate Payroll/HR teams, employees, managers on systems in order to improve usability and use of the systemS how cost managers in the business the art of the possible in the way tools and reporting can be used to help them to excel
- Keep up to date with Payroll developments that impact the operation of the systems
- Experience in a report writer tool attached to HR or payroll systems such as RSS, Cognos or BI
- Experience of managing Payroll and HR systems including development & maintenance knowledge i.e. instrumental in projects including functionality development, system maintenance for upgrades, year-end routines.
- Experience of Time & Attendance systems in a shift and or remote location based environment.
- Experience of Zellis, Resource link or Crown T&A would be advantageous
- A foundation in operational payroll and current understanding of the major trends
- Systems aptitude
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and part of a team
- Diligent and high integrity
- Innovator and logical thinker
- Persistent in tackling issues to resolution
- Can do attitude