The department and team
This position is working part time any 3 over 6 days (Monday to Saturday) on a 3 month fixed term contract.
Our customers are predominantly elderly and rely upon our office teams to take their orders over the phone or via the internet. The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customers that exceeds expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies. The role will require Saturday working and 2 other days in the week as required, these will typically be a Wednesday and a Friday.
The cold store runs at a chilly -20 degrees centigrade but don’t worry, protective clothing designed to deal with this temperature will be provided along with breaks to warm up and have a hot drink when necessary.
Reporting to the Driver Supervisor and Senior Freezer Operative, you are responsible for helping to pack customers frozen orders ready for dispatch in a timely and accurate manner.
The cold store runs at a chilly -20 degrees centigrade but don’t worry, protective clothing designed to deal with this temperature will be provided along with breaks to warm up and have a hot drink when necessary. You will be working working in the cold store and providing holiday cover for other members of the team.
Who we are
Wiltshire Farm Foods have been cooking and delivering delicious frozen meals for over 25 years
Part of the apetito group, an award winning leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, generous annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts and much more!
We reserve the right to close the advert before the specified closing date should we receive a large volume of applicants therefore advise you to apply at the earliest
- You will be responsible for ensuring customers orders that come in later during the day are accurately picked and placed of the corrisponding cage ready for the next morning.
- Customer confidentiality.
- Picking orders ensuring zero mistakes are made
- Improve efficiencies and putting them into practice
- Helping the office team where appropriate
- Reporting health and safety, stock quality and mechanical issues
- The above is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this role but aims to give a general overview of the position.
- Evidence of commitment and stability
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Numerate and literate
- Basic secondary education
Wiltshire Farm Foods are keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive (can do) attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the business. Staff are employed and trained to be multi-functional and to be capable of carrying out numerous functions should this be required when a fellow member of staff is away or absent.
- Open and honest team player
- Flexible, highly motivated and committed
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude; will need to learn other tasks around the business if required
- Promote good team work – help others.
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets