The Role and Team
You will work within our IT Plan team delivering innovative business solutions to our customers and business. Our goal is to deliver fast paced and appropriate change, which means there is a constant stream of varied and challenging projects ahead of us. We embrace new technology and processes adhering to IT Driving business value, Deliver Digital Innovation and Security and compliance built in strategies.
The size of projects varies from small, where limited input and support will be required up to large projects where we will work with the business and IT teams from inception to delivery. You will be required to help mentor junior team members as they join the company and help them drive change through the business. apetito’s business group is diverse, and the speed of change required makes this an exciting and interesting place for a Business Analyst. This role would ideally suit to working in a fast moving and demanding environment.
Who We Are
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
- Investigate, model, define and document required business processes
- Take a leading role in the design of a range of solutions to meet business opportunities
- Translate business requirements into agile user stories and acceptance criteria
- Obtain sign off on requirements from all stakeholders (to include all interested business owners and if required external stakeholders)
- To challenge thinking and look to always optimise the process
- To support and to work with all members of IT to develop realistic solutions to business requirements, considering budgets, timescales, costs and quality.
- To prepare requirements, system design and other business analysis documentation in accordance with defined standards and in partnership with the business and if applicable, the IT project team to ensure the solution is fully understood.
- Support the completing of some Project Management Duties, such as scoping, updating status, keeping track of risks and issues, helping remove blocks
- Support the delivery of testing for solutions to ensure that they are robust and compliant.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Good stakeholder engagement skills
- Good people management skills
- Effective at managing priorities
- Comfortable working using both Agile and traditional project management frameworks
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including Visio & PowerPoint
- A proven track record in project delivery with demonstratable experience as a BA
- Knowledge of supply chain and logistics
- Customer facing operational experience
- Knowledge of ERP
- Ecommerce/Website experience
- Process mapping and process improvement (Lean)
- Knowledge of data security legislation
- Experience of Product Information Management systems
- Experience of CRM systems
- Microsoft 365 experience, PowerApps, Power Automate, SharePoint online implementation experience
- Knowledge of Data security legislation
- BCS Foundation in Business Analysis
- Foundation in Agile Skills
- You are comfortable working within a fast-paced software environment with a clear focus on delivering customer value.
- You’ll understand change management, creating a positive impact and you are aware of Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Proficient in stakeholder management, able to be sensitive to the needs of each stakeholder
- yet comfortable to challenge where appropriate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with
- a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Determined and confident, you take the lead and never stop thinking of ways to improve.
- Proactive and energetic
- The ability to work alone on own initiative, part of the Business Change team and with other teams throughout the business
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Organised and with an eye for detail
- Confident to constructively challenge
- A team player
- Motivated and motivational
The role will be based in Trowbridge at apetito’s Business Support Centre but may involve national and international travel.