The Role and Team
The Data analytics team at apetito is working on the exciting strategic agenda to make our business data centric by providing data insights, identifying trends, supporting implementation, and evaluating outcomes.
In your one-year placement with the Data Analytics team, you will be an integral part of the team that is working on strategic data analysis and business intelligence projects that enable effective decision making within the organisation. You will also participate in the exploration into the rich data assets that Wiltshire Farm Foods and apetito have, to identify new opportunities, to deliver superior customer satisfaction and to grow the business.
You will support data analytics projects that influence the strategy for the business and the role also offers you an opportunity to lead projects of your own. You will also hone your skills by applying them to real-life situations, learn, test, and apply emergent technologies and tools and work in a fantastic, closely knit team that is bringing data-centricity to apetito.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
This role forms part of our Graduate Development Programme full details on the programme can be found on our careers pages at Graduate Programme
- analysing customer behaviour, product purchase patterns, customer interactions and business processes to help develop strategies to maximise customer satisfaction and to improve customer acquisition, retention and revenue.
- work with your Marketing, Product Management, Operations and CRM colleagues and our Franchise Partners, providing analytical consultancy and championing the understanding and adoption of data insights.
- work with large datasets both internal and external - creating queries and analysis directly off the customer database. This would involve developing a wide toolkit, including predictive analytics, SQL, R and PowerBI etc. and you would be expected to quickly learn and apply the latest tools that become available.
- you will be expected to build your understanding of our products and systems and to build strong relationships with the stakeholders across the business.
- Currently you will be studying towards a degree (graduating 2023) in business analytics/computer science/ maths/ statistics/engineering/sciences related discipline.
- You are likely to be very numerate and have an enquiring mindset, an aptitude to problem solving and a keen desire to learn new tools and technologies are vital.
- Exposure to SQL or R is very desirable but not mandatory. However, it is important that you can evidence that you have learnt coding in any of the major program languages.
- You would need to bring a collaborative mindset and a drive to reach out and work across the business to create new opportunities.
- You will often present your ideas to the senior management so excellent communication skills and the confidence to engage with senior managers are vital.