The Role and Team
apetito are looking for an Warehouse Project Manager graduate to join the warehouse operations, distribution and customer service business unit based in Portbury, Bristol.
As both an operational and logically minded individual you will get to learn our existing warehouse process including goods receipt, Storage, retrieval, order picking and dispatching before helping to identifying and implementing improvement opportunities. You will work closely with the Warehouse Management team supporting the daily operation, reporting into the Commercial Manager you will work alongside the senior management for the division.
The operation is based in a frozen coldstore environment and operates 24 hours a day from Sunday Afternoon to Friday Night. The core hours of operation for this role will be between 06:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday in 8 hour shifts, although may be required to cover a nigh shift on occasions
This role will provide a graduate with:
- Experience in a FMCG temperature controlled warehouse & distribution operation
- Exposure to many of the senior management team.
- An opportunity to interact with and experience all parts of a business
- Involvement with specific projects that they will be able to co-ordinate and play an active part in
- The opportunity to develop general business skills and relationships
Who we are:
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
This role forms part of our Graduate Development Programme full details on the programme can be found on our careers pages at Graduate Development Programme
- Working in all Customer Service and Distribution (CS&D) departments to gain a full understanding of current processes and systems
- Identify potential process opportunities in the warehouse that have a financial, sustainable or safety impact
- Investigate potential operational solutions
- Present potential options to the wider team both on the shop floor and management team
- Manage and implement change projects
- Supporting the Management team in daily operations
- Tracking and controlling project costs
- Degree or studying towards a degree (2:1 or above/predicted) within a business / logistics discipline
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – in particular Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity of a warehousing, logistics and customer service environment
- Knowledge of project management
- Strong interest in operational process improvement
- Self-driven individual, who can manage their time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- Highly numerical and logical way of thinking
- Problem solver
- Ability to present information to diverse audience
- Confident communicator
- Not afraid to be hands on in order to develop deeper understanding of certain areas of the business