The Role and Team
The aim of Wiltshire Farm Foods Marketing Team is to support our business growth by understanding what our customers need, communicating what a difference our food and service could make to them, and ultimately generating high quality prospects. As a Graduate, you’ll get to experience our business first-hand, through a diverse range of projects and challenges. It’s a great way to get a clear understanding of the marketing process and learn about the real difference Wiltshire Farm Foods makes to our customers’ lives, some of which are some of the most vulnerable people in our society. No two days will be the same and you’ll get to try your hand at a wide range of Marketing activities; from analysing and understanding our customers, to supporting with national TV and press campaigns, liaising with agencies and our PR team, or helping deliver events.
This is a key role within Wiltshire Farm Foods and will be a first-class entry position for the candidate to understand the workings of a B2C brand. Reporting to the Consumer Marketing Manager, the candidate will become an ambassador for the Wiltshire Farm Foods customer, constantly taking a customer-first approach and ensuring our marketing is targeted towards their needs. This role will involve working with the wider marketing team, other areas of the business as well as external marketing agencies, building strong relationships with key stakeholders to deliver success.
Who We Are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
This role forms part of our Graduate Development Programme full details on the programme can be found on our careers pages at Graduate Programme
- Become an ambassador for the Wiltshire Farm Foods customer, challenging the team/business to ensure the customer is at the centre of everything we do.
- Understand our customers by supporting the team with customer research projects (this could be supporting wider brand research projects with our research agency partner, working with our Digital / Category teams to get feedback on specific product ranges, working with our analytics team on NPS surveys, or simply just spending time with our customers to get a deeper understanding of them).
- Using this knowledge to ensure brand and messaging consistency in our marketing and customer experience.
- Support in the creation of our national TV adverts. This will include: writing an agency brief, developing scripts and creative concepts, research with our target market, preparation in advance of filming, attending and supporting on the shoot itself, Clearcast substantiations, contracts and everything else required to get the advert on air, on time and on budget!
- Work with the media agency to ensure TV schedules are booked and constantly reviewed/optimised: monitor response rates, work with the agency and analytics to share data that could further improve our planning, understand the best use of our budget to maximise success of the campaign.
- Work with the marketing team to improve conversion, trialling new initiatives and communications to follow up on leads.
- Work with our creative agency to develop a suite of national press adverts that drive quality prospects: write creative briefs, research our consumer publications to come up with new ideas, work with our Category team to ensure we are promoting the right thing and the right time, proof read all artwork to ensure accuracy.
- Take a methodical test and learn approach, constantly reviewing and optimising creative based on response rates: for example trialling different offers, formats, messaging or design.
- Work with the media agency to ensure Press schedules are booked and constantly reviewed/optimised: monitor response rates, work with the agency and analytics to share data that could further improve our planning, understand the best use of our budget to maximise success of the campaign.
- Ensure we have suitable adverts for Franchise Partners to use in local press: understanding their requirements and working with the local marketing team to develop creative templates.
Supporting the Marketing Team
- Support the team in organising and running high quality events to engage our Franchise Partners.
- General support to the team including proof reading and various admin tasks to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Degree or studying towards a degree graduating in 2021 - ideally in a marketing or business discipline
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timeframes managing multiple projects
- Some relevant work experience via placement year or work experience
- Basic InDesign / Photoshop skills
- Copywriting skills
- Passion for the brand and our customers
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
- A real team player and relationship builder
- Organised with the ability to multi-task
- Intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Creative mind
- Problem solver