The Role and Team
We are currently looking for a SAP System Analyst to help document the 'as is' and 'to be' processes in preparation for complex transformations. You will be working with our internal SAP consultant helping deliver change and supporting our current SAP offering, we will be moving to SAP S/4 Hana and will be key to the delivery of that project, you will be involved in both small projects where limited input and support will be required up to large projects where we will work with the business and IT teams from inception to delivery. apetito’s business group is diverse, and the speed of change required makes this an exciting and interesting place for the SAP Systems Analyst.
To build on apetito’s success and status as an innovation leader we are entering an exciting period of digital transformation. With a newly created ‘Digital Transformation’ team we are preparing to be at the forefront of delivering that vision.
About our team
You will work within our I.T. Plan team delivering innovative SAP based business solutions to our customers and business. Our goal is to deliver fast paced and appropriate change, which means there is a constant stream of varied and challenging projects ahead of us. We embrace new technology and processes adhering to our Cloud First strategy. You will also work closely with the business to ensure that the change delivered supports and helps the business toward it’s end goals.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
This role forms part of our Graduate Development Programme full details on the programme can be found on our careers pages at Graduate Programme
As the SAP Systems analyst you will establish effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of business processes and support the delivery of business value. You will also be required to provide support and assistance with our in-place SAP solution.
- Work with our SAP Consultant and external stakeholders to help deliver change and value to the business
- You will be required to help troubleshoot and make configuration changes so that you will gain a greater understanding of SAP when we move to SAP S/4 Hana
- Facilitate workshops and discussions to effectively gather requirements and achieve a joint understanding of needs
- To support other business analysts and to work with all members of IT to develop realistic solutions to business requirements, taking into account budgets, timescales costs and quality.
- Define and own business requirements and business modelling.
- Understand and challenge current business processes, where appropriate.
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Excellent analytical skill
• A business based degree such as Business Studies or Business Administration for example.
• Knowledge and understanding of ERP
• Evidence of involvement with previous projects
• Knowledge of project methodologies including agile.
• Process mapping and process improvement (Lean)
• Broad understanding of business processes
• SAP experience
• Previously worked in Retail/FMCG/Supply Chain or Manufacturing
• No fear of challenging existing processes and proceedures.