The Role and Team
Working as part of the Commercial Finance team, based in Trowbridge, you will a key member of the Finance community working alongside the business to enhance commercial support.
This role provides a fabulous opportunity for abright individual starting out on their finance career. This individual will have a great opportunity to influence our business.
You will foster an environment of continuous improvement by identifying and delivering efficiencies ensuring that the Commercial Finance team work in as lean and an effective manner as possible.
You will spend part of your time seconded to other areas of finance to give you a broad view of how the finance pieces work together
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
- Develop strong bonds with key business stakeholders to collectively identify and deliver value adding initiatives
- Continuous development of key business intelligence focusing on areas which provide Business Unit Managers with a deeper understanding of the financial dynamics of activities
- Presentation of key financial performance, including exception reporting to Operational Managers and Senior Management
- Support and enhance the routine financial reporting on the business partners experience, spending time learning these aeas hands on
- Automate, streamline and improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of Commercial Finance processes.
- Routine support and involvement in various areas of the Commercial Finance and wider Finance team to ensure all departmental objectives are met within the required timescales
- Be an effective team member and contributor to other ad-hoc support / project work
- Degree or preferably working to a Finance related Degree
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – particularly, Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident and capable communicator
- Previous experience of Finance (e.g. debits and credits)
- Experience of working with business partners flexing your work plan and output to their ideas too
- Able to say no where necessary if the business demands are unreasonable or outside normal day to day policy
- Ability to critically review existing business processes/systems
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering to exceptionally high standards, often within tight timescales. An effective communicator who takes every opportunity to build and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders is essential.
- Compelling influencing skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Positive outlook
- Effective time manager
- Sets high standards in all they do
- Generates enthusiasm and energy
- Deadline focused, and looks for opportunities to exceed expectations
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Flexible and keen to get involved in various areas of the finance team
- Determined, can-do approach