The role and department
We are seeking a Product Development Technologist with a passion for delivering innovative new products and continuous improvement . The successful candidate will be seeking a challenge and the opportunity to make a real difference.
Reporting to the Development Manager for our business to business sectors, the interim Development technologist will take ownership of projects at various stages of the product development process ; from concept through to launch. Excellent multi- functional teamwork across the business, with teams including including Purchasing, Manufacturing and Technical, in additon to closely working with our chefs, technologists and dietitian, will be a key to success in this role.
Strong project management and communication skills and a creative approach to product development will enable the sucessful candidate to deliver innovative and customer focused food products that create competitive advantage and support our business plans for growth.
This is a fixed-term position for 3-6 months and will be working on a rotating shift pattern of 06.00-14.00 and 14.00-22.00.
Who we are
apetito are the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home and in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of tasty and nutritious meals, we aim to make a real difference to the lives of elderly and vulnerable people .
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement and the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Identifying, researching, proposing and delivering innovation and product development that supports business objectives, creates competitive advantage and makes a real difference to our customers.
- Project management from concept through to launch
- Kitchen scale development
- Idea generation
- Generating documentation for trials and manufacture
- Working with our concept development team on new ideas, concept development and recipe translation
- Presentations to internal stakeholders and customers
- Agile development and consumer testing
- Working closely with Purchasing colleagues to identify new raw materials
- Developing to meet agreed nutrition standards
- Working closely with Chefs to translate recipes for scale-up
- Supporting production trials
- Market research
- Establishing cooking instructions
- Experience of food product development
- Experience of working with others to achieve demonstrably successful project outcomes
- Experience of successful multi-functional project management
- Degree level qualification
- Experience within frozen or chilled food manufacturing
- Experience within prepared meals
- Experience of identifying and delivering cost savings
The successful candidate will be innovative, self-motivated, adaptable and conscientious, with good communication and team working skills. They will be tenacious with the ability to drive projects forward to successful completion and will work well with others to achieve this.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about food and looking to make a significant positive impact.
Genuine interest in Food; can-do attitude, ability to influence others; good team working skills, drive to challenge and improve and good problem solving skills.
Excellent culinary skills, can demonstrate commercial awareness; good presentation skills